• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody familiar with OC in Lexington?

mriggs90

Hey there,
I just wanted some input on how Lexington is with open carry. From what I read it seems like it is perfectly legal in most places, but from what I have seen the law enforcement here isn't always ...friendly. How have your experiences been, and where are places to avoid OC for either legal purposes or just a headache?
I also want to know...with me living close to University of Kentucky should I be worrying about what sidewalks I carry on or are these owned by the city? UK is kind of spread out, so I'm not sure where my boundaries are.
Thanks.

langzaiguy

I've had positive experiences with Lexington PD, and so have several others. If you're not a student at UK, it really doesn't matter. One can legally carry on UK property but be told to leave.

Johnburns15

I've not had very many problems with open carry in Lexington. I haven't seen anyone else around town open carry though, but any time Im out, whether it be grocery shopping running around town doing errands, or just going out for a bite to eat I open Cary.

I've not had any negative experiences with the lexington police department. I've actually had very positive experiences again. I was stopped by 2 police officers in the Fayette mall just for them to thank me on properly using my 2nd amendment right. And once again was stopped by 4 local police officers again on my way out of walmart. The younger of the bunch asked if I always carried a firearm, and I told him I did. He then told me to have a good day and stay safe

Savage206

I have had no trouble OC in Lexington other than one time at a local Wal-Mart I was asked to leave my weapon in my car.