• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new shop in downtown Wausau

Trip20

I live in the Weston and had no idea a new shop was open. Can you tell me where it's located?

Last edited:

Horseman

One block from the courthouse (NE) next to the tattoo place and what looks like a brewpub.

Trip20

Thanks I'll have to check it out. Have you been there to browse? If so, what is your impression on selection and price? Lastly, does this place have a name that you remember?

Horseman

I stopped in very briefly because I saw the sign and it was obviously a gun shop that had not been there before. I did a quick walk through and saw black rifles on the back wall, a selection of holsters on the right, and some handguns in the case. There appeared to be quite a few used handguns, and pricing seemed to be generally appropriate. I'm just wondering if the owners are local, have a tie-in to any forum members, or have established a reputation elsewhere. Any info would be appreciated, since I have ocasion to be in Wausau regularly. No, I don't remember the name.

Last edited:

Trip20

Whelp, thanks for the info.

I'll make a point to swing in there and ask them just that! Who are ya, where ya from, got any other locations...etc.

littlewolf

Does anyone know the folks who just opened the shop in Wausau?

There is a Dentist who just opened a gun shop in Wausau,it's been all over the news. I believe it's in the shopping district downtown,Anti's been all over it.

Just looked him up Dr.Fredick Prehn @ Central Wisconsin Firearms 606 Washington St.

Last edited:

Trip20

Thanks that helped me find their facebook page -- gave them a LIKE!

Edit -- Looks like they offer concealed carry classes according to some posts on their FB page.... Wausau and Stevens Point starting 9/12

Last edited:

Trip20

wausaucarry2.jpg

wausaucarry3.jpg

wausaucarry.jpg

wausaucarry4.jpg

phred

Here I thought everybody knew about this place- full page color ad in the Wausau paper.

I stopped in there a couple days after it opened and dropped off some WCI flyers and membership forms. Both of the clerks were OCn and they said they encourage it. Had a great couple of conversations there, too.

Pretty nice selections of guns and at reasonable prices.

Last edited:

Trip20

Here I thought everybody knew about this place- full page color ad in the Wausau paper.

I stopped in there a couple days after it opened and dropped off some WCI flyers and membership forms. Both of the clerks were OCn and they said they encourage it. Had a great couple of conversations there, too.

Pretty nice selections of guns and at reasonable prices.

I had...

noeyedeer.jpg

Glad the folks are friendly and the selection/prices are decent. We need more options in this area!