• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Dem Politician Supports Concealed Carry of Firearms

Beretta92FSLady

Or some people, like yourself, finally capable of acknowledging that there are in fact Democrats who support the 2nd Amendment. That, unlike as many on here would have everyone believe, the Second Amendment is not merely a Republican issue.

Congratulations, Rod, you have moved to a higher level of thinking that most of these unfortunate souls who are drunk on Republican kool-aid rhetoric.

Daylen

Or some people, like yourself, finally capable of acknowledging that there are in fact Democrats who support the 2nd Amendment. That, unlike as many on here would have everyone believe, the Second Amendment is not merely a Republican issue.

Congratulations, Rod, you have moved to a higher level of thinking that most of these unfortunate souls who are drunk on Republican kool-aid rhetoric.

I still have yet to see a democrat that actually supports the 2nd amendment. Ones that have guns, like guns and think people should have them for self defense, sure even blind cats get a mouse now and then. Such dems always seem to want only the privileged to have such access and only after close government control and scrutiny. I have yet to see one that is for the right to keep and bear(or carry) arms(weapons suitable, adaptable or in use as military implements) shall not be infringed (governments can't stop or even make it slightly harder to own or carry such items). When democrats are in favor of simply repealing gun control laws, instead of adding a loophole for government approved subjects, I'll then acknowledge the 2nd amendment is supported by some dems.

rodbender

I have always known that some democrats support 2A. Where have I ever indicated that I didn't?

I have not moved to a higher level of thinking. I've always been on a higher level of thinking than any libtard. That includes the annointed one.

Aknazer

I should have known it was Beretta that made the Democrat comment. Of course there's some Dems out there that support the 2A. But when talking about politicians they are almost as rare as the gun grab attempts on civilian OCers. And since they are politicians they are to be trusted even less than the occasional claims of a gun grab attempt (and this goes for ALL politicians until there are more than simply words to back them up). Now if one doesn't like the fact that most Democrats don't fully support the 2A (and I would go even further as to say that most only partially support the 2A simply because if they didn't then they risk another situation like what happened after the '94 AWB) then maybe they should do something about their party. But the facts show that most Democrats simply don't fully support the 2A. So don't be mad at people for believing in facts.

since9

Campaign Veteran

You're right, it's not a Republican issue. Both historically, as well as currently, however, most Dems oppose an armed general populace while most Republicans support it. It's that face why so many of the articles referenced in the news are usually along the lines of Republicans=2A Good! while Democrats=2A Bad.

So, your comment is someone of a misnomer.

That's your second misnomer, as many of the folks here bashing Democrats for their predominantly anti-gun stances and political activities are not Republicans at all! I'm not Republican. If anything, I'm somewhat of one of the several flavors of Libertarian. I don't support the abolishment of the government and police forces as some do, as we'll always be riddled with taxpaying sheep who would rather pay others do their dirty work for them than stand up and fight for themselves. On the other hand, our government is WAY too big. Stroll around this graphic for a while and you'll see just how many nonsensical agencies are out there. Do some research and you'll find that many of them put up a good advertising campaign to keep getting our tax dollars, but their actually effect on the prosperity of our country is either nil or negative. Take the DOE for example. It was created to reduce our dependence on foreign oil back when that dependence was around 35%. Decades later, it's over 70%, so how negatively effective is that?

About the only thing the DOE has done well over the years is employ a LOT of people. That is not productive. That is parasitic. If anything, however, Republicans support it as much, if not more, than do the Democrats.

So, as neither a Democrat nor a Republican, when I read headlines like "Chicago Dem Politician Supports Concealed Carry of Firearms," particularly the "Chicago" part, I'm thinking "Hooray!"

The point is, it's an American issue, a Constitutional one. Yet most Republicans get it (sort of) while most Democrats don't. Furthermore, the most severely anti-gun politicians are almost always Democrats.

So who's really making 2A rights out to be a partisan issue? It's the politicians themselves, that's who.

Such dems always seem to want only the privileged to have such access and only after close government control and scrutiny. I have yet to see one that is for the right to keep and bear(or carry) arms(weapons suitable, adaptable or in use as military implements) shall not be infringed (governments can't stop or even make it slightly harder to own or carry such items). When democrats are in favor of simply repealing gun control laws, instead of adding a loophole for government approved subjects, I'll then acknowledge the 2nd amendment is supported by some dems.

That's my impression, exactly. It stems not from the rhetoric I read on this forum, but on the rhetoric I read on their websites, such as these jewels from Harry Reid:

"While raising my family and attending law school, I also worked as a U.S. Capitol Police officer."

That explains a lot right there.

"I will continue to protect an officer’s right to carry firearms..."

When was it ever in question?

"I worked hard to pass the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, which exempts qualified current and former law enforcement officers from state laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed handguns across state lines."

As opposed to extending that right to all Americans under the Bill of Rights Act, which mandates Congress aka Harry Reid and similar anti-2A never infringe on the RKBA.

"This law ensures that officers who undergo the rigorous training to carry concealed weapons..."

Oh, please! LEOs undergo NO "rigorous training to carry concealed weapons." Their firearms training is very similar to that given to members of the military, with only two additional items of emphasis: retention and friend/foe identification i.e. don't shoot the little girl carrying a physics textbook...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Beretta92FSLady, I can't help but wonder, with you supporting 2A as much as you do, and with most Democrats so staunchly opposed to genuine 2A rights, why in the world are you still a Democrat?