• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's do an OC lunch 12:00 noon at Virginia BBQ 9/16/11

sbuff

weekend?

Are there any weekend meets? Seems most are during the week. I work in Clarendon, on the 2p-10p shift, so can't really do the weekday events.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Are there any weekend meets? Seems most are during the week. I work in Clarendon, on the 2p-10p shift, so can't really do the weekday events.

Sure. Why not go ahead and put something together. I'll give you a hand since I also live in western Prince William County. If you want we can meet somewhere out here and come up with a plan for one on perhaps a Saturday. I'm flexible.

SouthernBoy

For those who might need some direction to Virginia BBQ, head east on Liberia Avenue, away from route 28 and towards the Prince William County Parkway. Just before you come to the intersection of the parkway, there will be a strip mall on your right; Davis Ford Shopping Center. Virginia BBQ is in that strip mall.

If you're coming from the eastern end of PWC on the parkway, go through the intersection at Liberia Avenue, then take your next right at a light (about 50+ yards) into the strip mall parking lot. At this point, you're very close to Virginia BBQ (less than 100 yards).

Check Google Maps for more detailed info but please note that Google Maps places this little restaurant in a different shopping center, which is across Wellington Road from the Davis Ford Shopping Center where Virginia BBQ is. So Google Maps is in error with this one.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
I believe I'll be there... my only concern that day is that I have to be at an obligatory "bench/bar" softball game in Warrenton by six.

Btw, Sterling's a bit of a "fur piece" to me. I can get there occasionally, but frankly, it's easier to get to the River City Diner on Parham Rd. (Richmond), and takes just about as long. Best place in Pr.Wm. area for me would be Manassas.

SouthernBoy

Wow, looks like a nice group is coming to this little lunch. I'm anxious to meet the new people. Here's what we have so far;

Riana
swinokur
nova *
fairfax1 *
LMS Tactical
user *
Bob1

* = probable shows

Nice mix and nice folks. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Friday!

PeteXD

Wow, looks like a nice group is coming to this little lunch. I'm anxious to meet the new people. Here's what we have so far;

Riana
swinokur
nova *
fairfax1 *
LMS Tactical
user *
Bob1

* = probable shows

Nice mix and nice folks. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Friday!
Put me in the probable column please. Thanks!