• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's do an OC lunch 12:00 noon at Virginia BBQ 9/16/11

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Gentlemen, and of course lady;

Thanks so much for making the lunch today. Great group of people, excellent conversation, and very good food (need to keep Virginia BBQ on our list for sure). I really enjoyed meeting some new folks and naturally, seeing two I know from past events and more. It was a real high point of the week.

This was great. Let's do it again in the not too distant future.

Y'all take care and to LMS Tactical, you gotta try some grits. Trust me, you'll soon be a grit eating good ole boy.

sbuff

Good and Inexpensive food! Chili cheese dog and a coke for $2.60! Thanks for the invite - it was good to meet you folks and put faces to names. Look forward to the next time.

Riana

Good to see everyone - old faces and new friends alike. It's a bit of a drive for me, but always fun to chat with you guys.

LMS Tactical

What a GREAT lunch!

I had a fantastic time at lunch and enjoyed the great BBQ. The highlight was meeting everyone and the conversation was fun and interesting. I could have stayed all day long, I was having so much fun. Thank you all for making a new open carry guy feel so welcome. If the group of people at lunch was representative of the caliber of folks involved with Virginia Open Carry....... I have found a new home:) What a classy and interesting bunch of fine Americans! I can't wait for the next one and for those who missed out....... I strongly encourage you to try hard to make it next time. I would love to see at least one lunch a month.

SouthernBoy....... I promise that I will try grits before the year ends :)

Stay Safe all and have a great weekend.

sbuff

I had a fantastic time at lunch and enjoyed the great BBQ. The highlight was meeting everyone and the conversation was fun and interesting. I could have stayed all day long, I was having so much fun. Thank you all for making a new open carry guy feel so welcome. If the group of people at lunch was representative of the caliber of folks involved with Virginia Open Carry....... I have found a new home:) What a classy and interesting bunch of fine Americans! I can't wait for the next one and for those who missed out....... I strongly encourage you to try hard to make it next time. I would love to see at least one lunch a month.

SouthernBoy....... I promise that I will try grits before the year ends :)

Stay Safe all and have a great weekend.

Ditto!

I think a.monthly meeting would be good. Is anyone else a member of American Legion? Post 10 is in Manassas, near Virginia Arms. Should be no prob to meet for a lunch.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Ditto!

I think a.monthly meeting would be good. Is anyone else a member of American Legion? Post 10 is in Manassas, near Virginia Arms. Should be no prob to meet for a lunch.

I'm up for getting together with these fine people anytime anyone puts together something. So the that American Legion serves lunch?? There are some other places around there where we can go. Foster's Grille in Old Town, the Chinese buffet in the same strip with Virginia Arms, of course Virginia BBQ, Adams Pizza (also in the Virginia Arms strip but that place gets pretty busy by noon.. great steak and cheese).

The Mexican restaurant that user spoke of is on business 234 just east of Rixlew, the Chinese buffet in the K-Mart shopping center. I'm sure we can come up with more places. For those who like Mexican, try El Tio's in the Virginia Gateway Plaza in Gainesville. In Centreville, there is Glory Days which has hosted at least one OC lunch of which I am aware.

What would really be useful for all of us would be a thread, managed and edited by one of us (I'll be happy to do this) with a list of OC-friendly restaurants in these areas from which we can draw locations for OC lunches and dinners. I suggest that people send their selections to me via PM and I'll start up a thread and the list can then just grow. Makes it a lot more simple when trying to come up with places which we know to be friendly to us.

What say?

user

Accomplished Advocate
Anytime someone else wants to volunteer to do the co-ordination thing, it's fine with me. And I can't think of anyone better, more considerate, and conscientious than Southernboy to handle the Prince William County and Greater Metropolitan Manassas open-carry social schedule.