Thread: New to Forum and newly a Wisconsin Resident

New to Forum and newly a Wisconsin Resident

Hello Everyone, New to the the forum and newer to Wisconsin. I moved here from Iowa about a year ago and have been pacinally waiting to have my concealed carry back as Wisconsin passes it and it becomes active Nov. 1. I have not oc carried much and will be looking to start carrying open some. Not so sure if I want to tackle Madison and Sun Prairie as my first oc experience. Just thought I would say hi and cant wait to maybe meet some of you at a oc gathering or picnic.
    Thanks Kirk

Welcome. In my signature has all the needed info to carry in WI.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum Kirk!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Welcome. I would say Madison would be fine for a first time, just don't look nervous or apprehensive. I don't thing that they want any more lawsuits.

Two weeks after the Culver's incident, I came out of Wal-Mart on Nakoosa Trail just SW of East Towne Mall late at night and there was a MPD squad car right at the front door with the officer looking straight at me. I nodded to him and walked within 3 feet of his bumper with my strong side towards him. Not a problem.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 09-08-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Thumbs up Welcome Madhatter!

Welcome! You will find a wealth of information on this forum including events. There is a picnic this Saturday you may want to attend if the drive isn't too far. I believe it is the Rock River Patriots or something like that....it is posted in the forum.

Once again....welcome and hope to meet you at an event!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Welcome to WI, as already mentioned you will find lots of info Here and if you select the 5th link there is a list of individuals who are willing to meet or chat in your area.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Campaign Veteran
    Welcome to WI, and welcome to the boards!!!!

Funny, as I'm typing this I'm a WI resident living in IA this week........ Irony!

Anyways, again, welcome to the boards. There is a wealth of knowledge here, as well as a great group of people. Tons of OC activities happening all of the time, so hopefully I'll bump into you at one soon!

I know there is a pancake breakfast in Brookfield on the 17th that a bunch of us are attending, and I saw a Zombie shoot coming up too.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Welcome aboard.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you expect to be able to cc in WI on your Iowa permit?

The new law says that if you are NOT a WI resident, you can carry on any valid permit (as long as it required a background check, and do you know of any that don't?) starting 01NOV.

But since you're now a subject of WI, you have to wait for the DOJ to get off its collective tuchus, post the application form on its website, process applications, & mail out permits... all of which they're still planning to start 01NOV, so maybe a few very lucky WI residents will be allowed to cc by Thanksgiving.
    (Can anyone say "unequal protection of the law"? 14th Amendment, anyone?)

You can, however, use that Iowa permit as "proof of training" to get your WI permit.

Want to join the 01NOV meet-n-greet @ the DOJ in Madison?
    Some of us are planning to be there bright & early to hand in permits in person.
    Then I suppose there might be some sort of unorganized breakfasty thing after... :monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

No, I understand that since I am now a Wisconsin Resident that I must obtain a Wisconsin permit. That is what i was talking about when I said that I am waiting for Nov. 1 to get my new permit and be able to carry cc again. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will also see about joining the meet and greet at the DOJ. Be nice to hand in that permit nice and early.
    Last edited by madhatter12; 09-08-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Carry On!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter12 View Post
    Hello Everyone, New to the the forum and newer to Wisconsin. I moved here from Iowa about a year ago and have been pacinally waiting to have my concealed carry back as Wisconsin passes it and it becomes active Nov. 1. I have not oc carried much and will be looking to start carrying open some. Not so sure if I want to tackle Madison and Sun Prairie as my first oc experience. Just thought I would say hi and cant wait to maybe meet some of you at a oc gathering or picnic.
    Thanks Kirk
    Welcome to the forum, AND welcome to Sun Prairie! I carry almost every day, everywhere it is legal to do so. To date, no problems in Sun Prairie, or Madistan for that matter. PM me if you want to get together at a local eatery. PLANKTON
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Cool Welcome

Welcome to Wisconsin and to the Wisconsin Carry Forum.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Welcome! Don't let Mad-town intimidate you into not exercising your rights. That's exactly what they hope to achieve, and if they do, then the terrorists have won. haha! Although you might be pleasantly surprised! (But as they say in the weight loss commercials, "results my vary.")
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

McX

Welcome! I'm just a FIB, but I have to get up to WI to breathe some freedom from time to time. I don't plan on being a FIB in the next 2-3 years though. Enjoy WI, it's a beautiful state.