• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pharmacist get's fired for foiling robbery at Walgreens

bigdaddy1

I am, appalled by the blatant disregard they show for their customers and employees. I hope he wins big time. I will be sending them a letter informing of their poor policy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Walgreens could careless what we do & how many letters we send.... They have over 8169 stores nationwide as of April 2011..the loss of a few customers here or there won't even be a blip on their profit & loss margin radar...

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Walgreens could careless what we do & how many letters we send.... They have over 8169 stores nationwide as of April 2011..the loss of a few customers here or there won't even be a blip on their profit & loss margin radar...

This is more true than people believe. As a younger man I saw some of the business practices of Walgreens when they muscled a family friend and "purchased" a chain of pharmacies he owned. Over the last decade I have been in a position to observe the strategies and behavior of Walgreens' pharmacy and home medical operations and I never cease to be amazed at the behaviors that are promoted in the name of profit and way they treat their employees.

Walgreens could care less if you spend your money elsewhere and the loss of your business will have no affect on their corporation. On the other hand, a smaller company or locally-owned pharmacy may be far more appreciative of your business and the dollars you spend there may be the very dollars that keep the doors open and the lights on.

Ruby

I'm glad this man had a gun and had the good sense to use it in his own defense and the defense of his fellow employees. Had he followed company policy he and the other employees might have been shot and the criminals would have made off with the drugs they were after.

oak1971

Now more than ever, doing good is its own reward. Don't expect any other reward, and know that it could and often will result in derision, scorn, and punitive actions from those who have appointed themselves the arbiters of all that is right and true.:banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Tiffani Washington, a spokeswoman for the Illinois-based company, said Hoven's actions broke procedures that Walgreens' developed in cooperation with law enforcement.

What a stand-up bunch of law-enforcement they got there in Illinois. "Stand still, don't resist, let them kill you and your co-workers."

Thank you for outing them, Ms. Washington.

HandyHamlet

What a stand-up bunch of law-enforcement they got there in Illinois. "Stand still, don't resist, let them kill you and your co-workers."

Thank you for outing them, Ms. Washington.

Better to be and executed than saving everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown's_Chicken_massacre

The Brown's Chicken massacre was a mass murder that occurred at a Brown's Chicken restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, a northwest suburb of Chicago, in the United States in 1993. The massacre occurred on January 8, 1993, when two assailants robbed the Brown's Chicken restaurant and then proceeded to murder seven employees. The case remained unsolved for nearly nine years, until one of the assailants was implicated by his girlfriend in 2002.