Thread: open carry on 9/11/2011

open carry on 9/11/2011

My question Is this. To open carry or not. My heart is telling me yes. My mind is telling me no. Im reading on the news there is a heightened risk of terrorist activity in the states. But I'm afraide that because of this ill be drawn down upon my l.e.o. so what are your plans on this day? And if something does happen. How will you respond ?

You can OC anywhere you want, except for any place where the Secret Service or a planned event will be held.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMan View Post
    You can OC anywhere you want, except for any place where the Secret Service or a planned event will be held.
    Sorry you are in CA, but I will not change my OC activities no matter what the date is. What does SS have to do with it? If you are allowed to OC, then OC! If there is heightened "risk of terrorist activities", then even more reason to carry.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 09-09-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    In terms of my choice of carrying and how, this Sunday, 9/11, will be no different than any other day. In Virginia, carrying a defensive sidearm, open or concealed, is a no-brainer and a non-issue. And as far as having a bad encounter with an LEO while OC'ing, in the more than four years I have been open carrying (and over 16 years of carrying a firearm), that has never happened to me. Yes it could, but odds are it won't in my state. Every "encounter" I have had with an LEO while OC'ing has been positive and good with waves, smiles, thumbs up, and great remarks.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I will be Open carrying on 9/11..but then again I am white so I won't be confussed for a terrorist
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

If there is ever a time where I'd take pride in exercising my Constitutional rights, it's on 9/11
    Last edited by robdoar; 09-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors

I will be carrying as normal wearing the most patriotic shirt I can find and blaring "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" out of my car window.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I won't be OC, but it has nothing to do with 9/11 and everything to do with where I'll be and not wanting to get my pistol wet.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by robdoar View Post
    If there is ever a time where I'd take pride in exercising my Constitutional rights, it's on 9/11
    This... ^^^^

I will O.C. on Sunday NOT AS USUAL, but with a STRONGER SENCE OF PRIDE in being able to excersie my Constitutional Right, something that the attacks were trying to take away from all of us. I just hope and pray that someday "ALL OF US" will realize that a Constitutional Right not excercised is a Constitutional Right Lost, and that would be a (small) "victory" for the enemy without them ever having to plan another attack.

My new avitar says it all... Added BEFORE this post....

Oh yea... Did I mention CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-09-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

9/11 will be no different than any other day for when I carry.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I carry every day, Sunday won't be any different.

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMan View Post
    May be the rules for where you live, but here in Free America I can OC/CC up to where the security barrier is for anything the SS is associated with, and depending on the private property rules for other planned events I may or may not be allowed to. If the planned activitry is taking place at a public venue then I cannot be denied.

Although my OCing will be no different than any other day, I agree that inside I will be doing it with a little more pride and feeling of gratitude in my heart that those foreign and domestic enemies who dislike this country enough to want to destroy it have not succeeded. If others see my OCing as a political statement, who ajm I to disabuse them?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

protias
    March Hare
    I carry every day, Sunday won't be any different.
    -MH
    Fallschirmjäger
    Originally Posted by protias
    WOW.....

9/11/11.... IS DIFFERENT than any other day, I cannot see the logic nor agree with the above...

Legally carrying a firearm is a right that seems (to me) even more significant on a day that remembers and honor's those that have sacraficed so much because of the attack on 9/11/01...
    an attack on us and our way of life

At the very LEAST, I will be remembering those people while I am carrying on Sunday... which will make it much different than a normal open carry day...

I have read elsewhere and agree with the curiousity of how far the terrorists would have gotten if someone (anyone) was carrying on any of three aircaft that day. I know I know... It is not legal to carry on an aircraft and THAT is NOT the point....

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

skidmark wrote...

Although my OCing will be no different than any other day, I agree that inside I will be doing it with a little more pride and feeling of gratitude in my heart that those foreign and domestic enemies who dislike this country enough to want to destroy it have not succeeded. If others see my OCing as a political statement, who ajm I to disabuse them?
    That ^^^^^

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    WOW.....

9/11/11.... IS DIFFERENT than any other day, I cannot see the logic nor agree with the above...

Legally carrying a firearm is a right that seems (to me) even more significant on a day that remembers and honor's those that have sacraficed so much because of the attack on 9/11/01...
    an attack on us and our way of life

At the very LEAST, I will be remembering those people while I am carrying on Sunday... which will make it much different than a normal open carry day...

I have read elsewhere and agree with the curiousity of how far the terrorists would have gotten if someone (anyone) was carrying on any of three aircaft that day. I know I know... It is not legal to carry on an aircraft and THAT is NOT the point....

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1
    Remember what happened and carrying is no different than any other day. This is just like carrying on Dec 7.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Remember what happened and carrying is no different than any other day. This is just like carrying on Dec 7.
    Agreed...Just like carrying on the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Presidents Day, etc., etc., etc., and any other day of recognition of lives lost, family members lost, unbearable suffering of loved ones touched by tragedy, etc., etc., etc.,.... oh yea, lets not forget Vetrans Day and Memorial Day...

All of which proves my point..... DIFFERENT than any other day...

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... Ok maybe I need to be a bit more clear ... my method of carry will be the same as "any other day"... legally open carry, but my pride and reasons will be different than any other day. I hope this helps others to understand what I am trying to say... and maybe even agree with it...

Jeeezzzz..
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-09-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Outdoorsman1

Saw this somewhere and liked it. maybe it was in this forum somewhere.

1911 > 911