• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry on 9/11/2011

justin1

My question Is this. To open carry or not. My heart is telling me yes. My mind is telling me no. Im reading on the news there is a heightened risk of terrorist activity in the states. But I'm afraide that because of this ill be drawn down upon my l.e.o. so what are your plans on this day? And if something does happen. How will you respond ?

BaconMan

You can OC anywhere you want, except for any place where the Secret Service or a planned event will be held.:cool:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
You can OC anywhere you want, except for any place where the Secret Service or a planned event will be held.:cool:

Sorry you are in CA, but I will not change my OC activities no matter what the date is. What does SS have to do with it? If you are allowed to OC, then OC! If there is heightened "risk of terrorist activities", then even more reason to carry.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
In terms of my choice of carrying and how, this Sunday, 9/11, will be no different than any other day. In Virginia, carrying a defensive sidearm, open or concealed, is a no-brainer and a non-issue. And as far as having a bad encounter with an LEO while OC'ing, in the more than four years I have been open carrying (and over 16 years of carrying a firearm), that has never happened to me. Yes it could, but odds are it won't in my state. Every "encounter" I have had with an LEO while OC'ing has been positive and good with waves, smiles, thumbs up, and great remarks.

robdoar

If there is ever a time where I'd take pride in exercising my Constitutional rights, it's on 9/11

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I will be carrying as normal wearing the most patriotic shirt I can find and blaring "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" out of my car window.

Daylen

I won't be OC, but it has nothing to do with 9/11 and everything to do with where I'll be and not wanting to get my pistol wet.

Outdoorsman1

If there is ever a time where I'd take pride in exercising my Constitutional rights, it's on 9/11

This... ^^^^

I will O.C. on Sunday NOT AS USUAL, but with a STRONGER SENCE OF PRIDE in being able to excersie my Constitutional Right, something that the attacks were trying to take away from all of us. I just hope and pray that someday "ALL OF US" will realize that a Constitutional Right not excercised is a Constitutional Right Lost, and that would be a (small) "victory" for the enemy without them ever having to plan another attack.

My new avitar says it all... Added BEFORE this post....

Oh yea... Did I mention CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

May be the rules for where you live, but here in Free America I can OC/CC up to where the security barrier is for anything the SS is associated with, and depending on the private property rules for other planned events I may or may not be allowed to. If the planned activitry is taking place at a public venue then I cannot be denied.

Although my OCing will be no different than any other day, I agree that inside I will be doing it with a little more pride and feeling of gratitude in my heart that those foreign and domestic enemies who dislike this country enough to want to destroy it have not succeeded. If others see my OCing as a political statement, who ajm I to disabuse them?

stay safe.

Outdoorsman1

protias
9/11 will be no different than any other day for when I carry.

March Hare
I carry every day, Sunday won't be any different.
-MH

Fallschirmjäger
Originally Posted by protias
9/11 will be no different than any other day for when I carry.

WOW.....

9/11/11.... IS DIFFERENT than any other day, I cannot see the logic nor agree with the above...

Legally carrying a firearm is a right that seems (to me) even more significant on a day that remembers and honor's those that have sacraficed so much because of the attack on 9/11/01...
an attack on us and our way of life

At the very LEAST, I will be remembering those people while I am carrying on Sunday... which will make it much different than a normal open carry day...

I have read elsewhere and agree with the curiousity of how far the terrorists would have gotten if someone (anyone) was carrying on any of three aircaft that day. I know I know... It is not legal to carry on an aircraft and THAT is NOT the point....

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

skidmark wrote...

Although my OCing will be no different than any other day, I agree that inside I will be doing it with a little more pride and feeling of gratitude in my heart that those foreign and domestic enemies who dislike this country enough to want to destroy it have not succeeded. If others see my OCing as a political statement, who ajm I to disabuse them?

That ^^^^^

Outdoorsman1

protias

WOW.....

9/11/11.... IS DIFFERENT than any other day, I cannot see the logic nor agree with the above...

Legally carrying a firearm is a right that seems (to me) even more significant on a day that remembers and honor's those that have sacraficed so much because of the attack on 9/11/01...
an attack on us and our way of life

At the very LEAST, I will be remembering those people while I am carrying on Sunday... which will make it much different than a normal open carry day...

I have read elsewhere and agree with the curiousity of how far the terrorists would have gotten if someone (anyone) was carrying on any of three aircaft that day. I know I know... It is not legal to carry on an aircraft and THAT is NOT the point....

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1

Remember what happened and carrying is no different than any other day. This is just like carrying on Dec 7.

Outdoorsman1

Remember what happened and carrying is no different than any other day. This is just like carrying on Dec 7.

Agreed...Just like carrying on the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Presidents Day, etc., etc., etc., and any other day of recognition of lives lost, family members lost, unbearable suffering of loved ones touched by tragedy, etc., etc., etc.,.... oh yea, lets not forget Vetrans Day and Memorial Day...

All of which proves my point..... DIFFERENT than any other day...

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... Ok maybe I need to be a bit more clear ... my method of carry will be the same as "any other day"... legally open carry, but my pride and reasons will be different than any other day. I hope this helps others to understand what I am trying to say... and maybe even agree with it...

Jeeezzzz..

Last edited: