Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threatened with arrest.

Threatened with arrest.

Got off thanks to knowing the law... Her is the run down.

-False police report filed against me
    -Threatened with false laws regarding firearm possession
    -ordered to place hands in compromising positions with shotgun pointed in my direction
    -Threatened with arrest after quoting NRS and stating that I am military and requesting my first sergeant.
    -Called a smart ass and asking if I would like to go to jail.

Still working on my full statement and making sure I have all the details included. I will not post them here as I am contacting an attorney. PST me if you want more info

Also forgive any spelling errors... Still hyped up.
    "I rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6."
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMike View Post

-ordered to place hands in compromising positions with shotgun pointed in my direction
    -Threatened with arrest after quoting NRS and stating that I am military and requesting my first sergeant.

Still working on my full statement and making sure I have all the details included. I will not post them here as I am contacting an attorney. PST me if you want more info

I wouldn't even send pst info unless someone is working the case with you. Cards to vest. Good luck, awaiting the after-action report.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like an exciting time keep this thread alive and let us know how it plays out. Sorry you had a weapon pointed at you while you were being a law abiding citizen.

- What is with the hate from the cops for people who know the law? If "ignorance of the law is no excuse" then why do the police seem to have such contempt for those who aren't ignorant?
    I dunno, ... it's almost as though they prefer a populace that has no idea what the law is, or knows if the officer is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    - What is with the hate from the cops for people who know the law? If "ignorance of the law is no excuse" then why do the police seem to have such contempt for those who aren't ignorant?
    I dunno, ... it's almost as though they prefer a populace that has no idea what the law is, or knows if the officer is lying.
    This
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

What city?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

They hate it when their bosses know more then them. Yes we as citizens are their bosses so to speak.

Once they realized he was military and not breaking any laws they realized they could have a bad mark in their record or could even loose their job for over reacting. Pointing a gun at someone without a good reason, threatening a citizen and an Airman someone that the courts would look at as just as truthfull as the cops.

The cops response was out of fear for his job, out of fear of being the dumber side of the situation, out of fear of getting in trouble. They didn't want to loose control of the situation but by over reacting they did from the start.

I hope there is witnesses, video, or at least audio of the situation.

Good Luck

From fellow Airman 23 years USAF Retired.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    The law I'm most impressed with is Rule 37.

Centurion
    Rule 37?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Rule 37?
    I dunno... Here's only one Rule 37 that I know.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
    Alternate version: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-09-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Got more info.

The tow truck company did file and false police report. Stated I "pulled out a gun".. they stated on the phone that it was on my hip. (they also said it was compay policy to call the police and do a MWAG call anytime they see a firearm). No police report was filed, just a radio ticket. Still pursuing a IA complaint against the officer, and potentially suing the company involved. Anyone know a good 2A attorney?

TBG: I am in NLV.

Don't you love it? You signed up and swore an oath to support the constitution knowing that you might die while fulfilling your oath, yet when you exercise the rights protected by it you have police officers pointing guns at you. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! NOW GET THE %*$* ON THE GROUND HANDS UP, WTF ARE YOU DOING WALKING AROUND LIKE THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, BOY!?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Red face Rules rule!

I dunno... Here's only one Rule 37 that I know.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
    Alternate version: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'

I like #11:

11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.

That got me laughing!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by ARADCOM View Post
    I like #11:

11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.

That got me laughing!
    Warning: Acute Thread Drift

I really need to have a complete list of these rules that are being referenced here!

Back to topic!

Good luck Mike. It gets old dealing with that mess. The other day I had a local police officer claim they could arrest me for having a 12 gauge visible in my truck. " Thats BS BTW". He wasnt rude about it and didnt have a bad attitude either. I did explain what the penal code actually said and how anyone arresting me or someone I know on such charges would result in a rights infringement lawsuit.

MilMIke, I sent you two private messages.

Joesparky, the list isn't complete because some of them haven't been made up yet, but here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlock...ve_Mercenaries

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fgburner View Post
    Joesparky, the list isn't complete because some of them haven't been made up yet, but here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlock...ve_Mercenaries
    Thanks,

Interesting that it is titled "The Seventy Maxims...." yet this list is only about 1/2 as long!

I must be over-thinking something!

It's getting deeper. The officer got a hold of the fact I am filing a IA complaint and is now calling my First Sergeant to have me persuaded into not pursuing the matter.

Don't know this for sure yet, but I heard this from a contact I have on the "inside".

It's getting deeper. The officer got a hold of the fact I am filing a IA complaint and is now calling my First Sergeant to have me persuaded into not pursuing the matter.

Don't know this for sure yet, but I heard this from a contact I have on the "inside".
    If repeat IF true, I would fully expect the First Sergeant to politely decline to speak with the officer. It is not in the purview of neither the cop nor your command to get involved in trying to squelch your right to make a complaint.

IF true, I would file yet another complaint against the cop (and/or the command if necessary.)

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    The law I'm most impressed with is Rule 37.
    Rule 303 is effective, too.

Founder's Club Member

Oh, ho ho! Is this a Title 42 violation? The formal IA complaint, as far as I know, is protected under your 1st Amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances. So, this cop is now attempting to have you coerced into foregoing that right. Involving another = conspiracy, if I recall.

Might want to point out to the First Sergeant that his involvement might make him a conspirator before he actually becomes one.

Heck, a good First Sergeant might turn around, call the cop, and tell the cop to shove it, and stand by for attempting to make him a conspirator.

I've known a few First Sergeants that would invite him down... and do a little 'counseling.'

I have already spoken to the shirt and he seems to be on my side. The issues is I doubt the officer will make that point on the phone. If he does call, he will probably try to tell the shirt that I was breaking laws, disrespectful, or some other lie. Luckily I have already showed the shirt the NRS's and my full recount of the events. Either way, the fact that he is planning to call 4 DAYS after the fact and there was no police report filed should be ground to warrant investigation into harassment and freedom of speech violations.

The shirt has the responsibility to investigate the officers claims. So if so the shirt will be doing his job. Anything else would be an issue... but my shirt is no spring chicken. Everything will be cool.

My "contact" told me the police do not like it when people quote laws or tell them they know their rights. This person also refused to admit the officer was wrong in the situation..so since s/he wouldn't defend the cop, but wouldn't condone the actions either; it just leads me to believe no one cares about what is right. God help this country.

I'll be over here fighting. Wish me luck.

S/he sounds like a real piece of work!!! Those comments are nothing more than disrespectful to citizens rights.
    Keep fighting and good luck Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast