• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Threatened with arrest.

MilitaryMike

Got off thanks to knowing the law... Her is the run down.

-False police report filed against me
-Threatened with false laws regarding firearm possession
-ordered to place hands in compromising positions with shotgun pointed in my direction
-Threatened with arrest after quoting NRS and stating that I am military and requesting my first sergeant.
-Called a smart ass and asking if I would like to go to jail.

Still working on my full statement and making sure I have all the details included. I will not post them here as I am contacting an attorney. PST me if you want more info

Also forgive any spelling errors... Still hyped up.

wrightme

-ordered to place hands in compromising positions with shotgun pointed in my direction
-Threatened with arrest after quoting NRS and stating that I am military and requesting my first sergeant.

Still working on my full statement and making sure I have all the details included. I will not post them here as I am contacting an attorney. PST me if you want more info

I wouldn't even send pst info unless someone is working the case with you. Cards to vest. Good luck, awaiting the after-action report.

nomidlname

Sounds like an exciting time :( keep this thread alive and let us know how it plays out. Sorry you had a weapon pointed at you while you were being a law abiding citizen.

Fallschirjmäger

- What is with the hate from the cops for people who know the law? If "ignorance of the law is no excuse" then why do the police seem to have such contempt for those who aren't ignorant?
I dunno, ... it's almost as though they prefer a populace that has no idea what the law is, or knows if the officer is lying.

Sabotage70

- What is with the hate from the cops for people who know the law? If "ignorance of the law is no excuse" then why do the police seem to have such contempt for those who aren't ignorant?
I dunno, ... it's almost as though they prefer a populace that has no idea what the law is, or knows if the officer is lying.

This

The Big Guy

What city?

TBG

DocWalker

They hate it when their bosses know more then them. Yes we as citizens are their bosses so to speak.

Once they realized he was military and not breaking any laws they realized they could have a bad mark in their record or could even loose their job for over reacting. Pointing a gun at someone without a good reason, threatening a citizen and an Airman someone that the courts would look at as just as truthfull as the cops.

The cops response was out of fear for his job, out of fear of being the dumber side of the situation, out of fear of getting in trouble. They didn't want to loose control of the situation but by over reacting they did from the start.

I hope there is witnesses, video, or at least audio of the situation.

Good Luck

From fellow Airman 23 years USAF Retired.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

The law I'm most impressed with is Rule 37.

MilitaryMike

Got more info.

The tow truck company did file and false police report. Stated I "pulled out a gun".. they stated on the phone that it was on my hip. (they also said it was compay policy to call the police and do a MWAG call anytime they see a firearm). No police report was filed, just a radio ticket. Still pursuing a IA complaint against the officer, and potentially suing the company involved. Anyone know a good 2A attorney?

TBG: I am in NLV.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Don't you love it? You signed up and swore an oath to support the constitution knowing that you might die while fulfilling your oath, yet when you exercise the rights protected by it you have police officers pointing guns at you. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! NOW GET THE %*$* ON THE GROUND HANDS UP, WTF ARE YOU DOING WALKING AROUND LIKE THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, BOY!?

MR Redenck

Good luck Mike. It gets old dealing with that mess. The other day I had a local police officer claim they could arrest me for having a 12 gauge visible in my truck. " Thats BS BTW". He wasnt rude about it and didnt have a bad attitude either. I did explain what the penal code actually said and how anyone arresting me or someone I know on such charges would result in a rights infringement lawsuit.

MilitaryMike

It's getting deeper. The officer got a hold of the fact I am filing a IA complaint and is now calling my First Sergeant to have me persuaded into not pursuing the matter.

Don't know this for sure yet, but I heard this from a contact I have on the "inside".

varminter22

It's getting deeper. The officer got a hold of the fact I am filing a IA complaint and is now calling my First Sergeant to have me persuaded into not pursuing the matter.

Don't know this for sure yet, but I heard this from a contact I have on the "inside".
If repeat IF true, I would fully expect the First Sergeant to politely decline to speak with the officer. It is not in the purview of neither the cop nor your command to get involved in trying to squelch your right to make a complaint.

IF true, I would file yet another complaint against the cop (and/or the command if necessary.)