• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S.A.F and Woolard l v." MSP" Sheridan

Dreamer

Essentially, the State is going to try to win this case by attrition by filing endless motions in an attempt to make this case financially burdonsome to SAF. And the Courts will do whatever Gansler and O'Malley tell them to do, and allow the State to drag it on and on and on.

This case will not end well, and will most likely end up with formal obstruction and Federal Civil Rights charges being filed, and will be ultimately decided on appeals in a Federal Court.

Gansler and O'Malley and the MSP would rather have hundreds of law-abiding citizens be murdered, raped, and robbed each year in MD than make MD's permit issuance "Shall Issue". The very idea that the State should follow Constitutional Law, and respect the fundamental human rights of it's subjects is antithetical to MD State Government policy, and has been for over 250 years...

Sonora Rebel

HB 822 on National Reciprocity may well end all this nonsense.

Last edited:

Dreamer

The only thing National Reciprocity will do is get MD to change their permit issuance policies to "Chicago-style" issuance to try and ensure that "ineligible people" (read: people who aren't WWW) are NEVER issued permits in MD. If they don't issue permits to anyone but cops, Representatives and Judges (through legislative measures, NOT permit applications), then regular citizens wouldn't be included in National Reciprocity.

MD state government would rather pull all the civilian permits in the state to ensure that non-Marylanders can't carry in their state than run the risk that people from other states could be able to actually exercise their Constitutional Rights when visiting the "Free State".

They'll just go from "May Issue" to "Legislative Issue", and stop issuing permits through an application process altogether. Believe me--that's the way they think in Annapolis and Pikesville.

Maryland isn't a State, it's a mental illness...

Last edited:

Dreamer

So how does the fact that Sheridan is no longer the MSP Superintendent bear on this case? Is he still going to be a defendant, or does the new Superintendent step in as a co-defendent? Will this change in staffing with MSP be something the State tries to use to their benefit?

Sounds like Sheridan saw the writing on the wall, and wanted to get off the bus before the wheels fell completely off...

Aknazer

from reading on the other forum there's a potential for this case to be heard by the SCOTUS along with two other gun cases that can potentially be heard by the SCOTUS.

Dreamer

And when SCOTUS rules against MD, I'm sure they will come into complete compliance with true 2A application--just like DC and Chicago did after Heller and McDonald.

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

It's going to be at LEAST a decade until MD is forced by the courts to go "Shall Issue" for CC, and even longer before OC is legal, and BOTH of those things will require a Republican (or Libertarian) Governor and a a sympathetic General Assembly--not to mention a majority of "awake" citizens--NONE of which MD has arguably had since 1629...

Short of an all-out revolution in the USA, and a total "reset" of Common and Statutory Law, MD is going to be a "WWW" state with regards to carry of ANY kind for years to come, DESPITE what the courts rule. The utter contempt for Rule of Law by the MSP and the GA, and consenting slave-mentality of the majority of the populace are so engrained and systemic that nothing short of a threat of pillories and tar and feathers (judicial or real...) will change things in Annapolis and Pikesville.

I'll continue to work for gun rights in MD, but I know that it is a victory that may very possibly not occur in my lifetime...

Last edited: