Thread: Buyback program for squirt guns

Buyback program for squirt guns

Nerf guns and water pistols are the latest target for the gun grabbers. Community activists in Buffalo, N.Y., started a toy-buyback program on Monday designed to instill a fear of firearms in the city’s youth.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-gun-control/

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    Nerf guns and water pistols are the latest target for the gun grabbers. Community activists in Buffalo, N.Y., started a toy-buyback program on Monday designed to instill a fear of firearms in the city’s youth.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-gun-control/
    I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country... I would LOVE to show up and have a Nerf Open Carry Protest... I would even bring my boys. Maybe even try to get a few deals before they're melted down

This is horrible! All that fat, cholesterol, calories and grease being shoved in the children's face should be illegal. Are they trying to kill these kids, don't they know how dangerous a life style this is? They should be thinking of the children!

Have a huge nerf fight while in line! Maybe they'll have so much fun most of them will leave amnot participate in this farce.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

If I was there you know what I would do? I would get my kids the $0.99 guns, have them have a squirt gun fight while in line for free pizza that cost more than the guns, and then give them new guns after they get the pizza and right in front of the people putting on the buyback.

Take those guns, because when you finally get 'in shape' you won't be able to reach your holster:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall-e-captain-action-figure.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6877
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by R-Rizzo View Post
    I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country... I would LOVE to show up and have a Nerf Open Carry Protest... I would even bring my boys. Maybe even try to get a few deals before they're melted down
    Pretty sure you'd be arrested for possessing a deadly weapon, negligent discharge of a deadly weapon and attempted murder. It is, afterall, New York.

As the OP has stated, this is an attempt to deamonize anything that looks like a gun, including the old "make a fist and extend the index finger and shout 'Bang!' hand gun".

I'd like to make a fist and extend a different finger towards those behind this effort.

It's bad enough we have to deal with cops who both ignore the law and are often-times ignorant of what the law actually is, soccer moms and little old ladies of both sexes who get their knickers all twisted just by seeing a handgun, and bureaucrats who are afraid that if they cannot control us they may find themselves out of their jobs. Now TPTB are trying to make children afraid to play Cops&Robbers/Cowboys&Indians/ watever other games kids play to sort out societal rules and roles because they are afraid if the little kids find out that The Gun is Civilization http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.co...-civilization/ they will not be able to control the next generation either.

I hope their "buy back" (Hey! It was never yours to begin with! Therefore you cannot buy it back!) falls flat on its bureaucratic face.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    Next on their agenda, a buyback program targeting the following deadly weapons:

swimming pools
    automobiles
    kitchen knives
    screwdrivers
    hammers
    sticks (especially popsicle sticks)
    stones...

Good thing they're doing it in Buffalo. There's way too many stones for them to buy around here.

But they're welcome to try.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

swimming pools
    automobiles
    kitchen knives
    screwdrivers
    hammers
    Don't forget tiny toy parts with choking hazards and scissors, running with.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

swimming pools
    automobiles
    kitchen knives
    screwdrivers
    hammers
    stones...

Good thing they're doing it in Buffalo. There's way too many stones for them to buy around here.

But they're welcome to try.
    Don't forget pillows! Heaven forbid a pillow fight break out at a sorority house because that would be genocide.

Squirt guns?
    Really?
    This is so stupid that I cant think of anything to say other than it must be Hillary Clintons idea!

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    While we're on the topic of nerf guns check this out. How to make a 500 dart per minute nerf gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dokbd...ayer_embedded#!

I would so love it if they did this in WA. I would take my son and have him turn in a $.99 squirt gun, and tell the organizers that after we were done with the pizza we were going to the range to shoot real guns. OC'ing of course.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com