• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buyback program for squirt guns

R-Rizzo

Nerf guns and water pistols are the latest target for the gun grabbers. Community activists in Buffalo, N.Y., started a toy-buyback program on Monday designed to instill a fear of firearms in the city’s youth.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/8/toying-with-gun-control/

I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country... I would LOVE to show up and have a Nerf Open Carry Protest... I would even bring my boys. Maybe even try to get a few deals before they're melted down :)

N605TW

Activist Member
This is horrible! All that fat, cholesterol, calories and grease being shoved in the children's face should be illegal. Are they trying to kill these kids, don't they know how dangerous a life style this is? They should be thinking of the children! :banghead:

Baked on Grease

Have a huge nerf fight while in line! Maybe they'll have so much fun most of them will leave amnot participate in this farce.

Sent using tapatalk

Aknazer

If I was there you know what I would do? I would get my kids the $0.99 guns, have them have a squirt gun fight while in line for free pizza that cost more than the guns, and then give them new guns after they get the pizza and right in front of the people putting on the buyback.

Badger Johnson

Take those guns, because when you finally get 'in shape' you won't be able to reach your holster:
wall-e-captain-action-figure.jpg

Jack House

I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country... I would LOVE to show up and have a Nerf Open Carry Protest... I would even bring my boys. Maybe even try to get a few deals before they're melted down :)
Pretty sure you'd be arrested for possessing a deadly weapon, negligent discharge of a deadly weapon and attempted murder. It is, afterall, New York. ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
As the OP has stated, this is an attempt to deamonize anything that looks like a gun, including the old "make a fist and extend the index finger and shout 'Bang!' hand gun".

I'd like to make a fist and extend a different finger towards those behind this effort.:cuss::banghead::cuss:

It's bad enough we have to deal with cops who both ignore the law and are often-times ignorant of what the law actually is, soccer moms and little old ladies of both sexes who get their knickers all twisted just by seeing a handgun, and bureaucrats who are afraid that if they cannot control us they may find themselves out of their jobs. Now TPTB are trying to make children afraid to play Cops&Robbers/Cowboys&Indians/ watever other games kids play to sort out societal rules and roles because they are afraid if the little kids find out that The Gun is Civilization http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/why-the-gun-is-civilization/ they will not be able to control the next generation either.

I hope their "buy back" (Hey! It was never yours to begin with! Therefore you cannot buy it back!) falls flat on its bureaucratic face.

stay safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Nerf guns and water pistols are the latest target for the gun grabbers. Community activists in Buffalo, N.Y., started a toy-buyback program on Monday designed to instill a fear of firearms in the city’s youth.

Next on their agenda, a buyback program targeting the following deadly weapons:

swimming pools
automobiles
kitchen knives
screwdrivers
hammers
sticks (especially popsicle sticks)
stones...

Good thing they're doing it in Buffalo. There's way too many stones for them to buy around here.

But they're welcome to try. :D

Badger Johnson

swimming pools
automobiles
kitchen knives
screwdrivers
hammers

Don't forget tiny toy parts with choking hazards and scissors, running with.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States

swimming pools
automobiles
kitchen knives
screwdrivers
hammers
stones...

Good thing they're doing it in Buffalo. There's way too many stones for them to buy around here.

But they're welcome to try. :D

Don't forget pillows! Heaven forbid a pillow fight break out at a sorority house because that would be genocide. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

MR Redenck

Squirt guns?
Really?
This is so stupid that I cant think of anything to say other than it must be Hillary Clintons idea!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I would so love it if they did this in WA. I would take my son and have him turn in a $.99 squirt gun, and tell the organizers that after we were done with the pizza we were going to the range to shoot real guns. OC'ing of course.