• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane picnic...... OCT 2, 1p-5p

BobR

What has happened over here this year? I am not sure, but a lot of times life gets in the way and things slip by. So because of that, I made some calls today and I will be reserving the shelter at Manito Park for Oct 2nd (Sunday) from 1p-5p. After calling the Parks Dept and trying multiple dates and places, this is the earliest that I could get the shelter at Manito. So, that is the day and time. If you can make it and help make it a success, that would be great. If not, I guess my wife and I will have the shelter to ourselves for a few hours :). I will provide a smoked brisket, buns and BBQ sauce (if you want it for the brisket).

If you can make it and bring something to share, it would be nice. If you just want to stop by, that would be nice also.

So, let the list begin.

Where: Manito Park Shelter

When: Oct 2, 2011

Time: 1p-5p

bob

Thor80

I'd just been thinking we haven't met much this summer. Unfortunately I normally work Sundays..... If I'm south and happen to take a late lunch I'll stop by! I do have this Sunday off or next Saturday if anyone wants to meet up in the Valley for some coffee? :)

-Thor

Jeff Hayes

BobR I will buy the burgers, dogs and buns. I will also bring the OCDO banner. Someone talk my wife into making a cherry dump cake, no smart a$$ coments.

Jeff Hayes

Make sure you leave plenty of room in your tummy for the next stop! :)

bob

I will, I am only going to have 1 maple bar, well maybe 2. I have 2 1/2 hours till the next stop no breakfast Sunday morning and a light dinner Saturday night for me. Purging may become an option by the time we get to our 3rd stop, LOL

I may not eat for a week after Sunday, its going to be worth it.

fastfish600

What has happened over here this year? I am not sure, but a lot of times life gets in the way and things slip by. So because of that, I made some calls today and I will be reserving the shelter at Manito Park for Oct 2nd (Sunday) from 1p-5p. After calling the Parks Dept and trying multiple dates and places, this is the earliest that I could get the shelter at Manito. So, that is the day and time. If you can make it and help make it a success, that would be great. If not, I guess my wife and I will have the shelter to ourselves for a few hours :). I will provide a smoked brisket, buns and BBQ sauce (if you want it for the brisket).

If you can make it and bring something to share, it would be nice. If you just want to stop by, that would be nice also.

So, let the list begin.

Where: Manito Park Shelter

When: Oct 2, 2011

Time: 1p-5p

bob

Old fastfish600 just letting you know I plan on attending the picnic and can bring some sodas. Just a hard person to get rid of when finding out about the picnic.

amzbrady

Do you have a specific spot I read (Manito Park is a 90 acre park with bike and walking trails, beautiful gardens, a
conservatory and playgrounds). I found this map, --> http://www.manitopark.org/alximg/map/Manito_Park_Map_004.pdf
Maybe you could circle the area you will be in.

My wife and I were thinking it would be nice to take the motorhome out at least once this year. If I could get a couple days off in a row, it would be nice to come visit ya's. If you have an address I can see if there is an RV park in the

Jeff Hayes

Do you have a specific spot I read (Manito Park is a 90 acre park with bike and walking trails, beautiful gardens, a
conservatory and playgrounds). I found this map, --> http://www.manitopark.org/alximg/map/Manito_Park_Map_004.pdf
Maybe you could circle the area you will be in.

My wife and I were thinking it would be nice to take the motorhome out at least once this year. If I could get a couple days off in a row, it would be nice to come visit ya's. If you have an address I can see if there is an RV park in the

Near the top right hand corner where it says picnic shelter just south of the main entrance. Hope you make it.

dwordinger

That is an awful long way into the future, bit I can probably make it. I'll bring some kind of food product. Still too early to decide what.