• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane picnic...... OCT 2, 1p-5p

iyellatmytv

It will be good to see you again, looks like we will have about 50 shows, perfect.

Looks like me, SWMBO, possibly my step-son, and a friend from church with his wife & kids!

He's been thinking quite a bit about OC'ing, and is really excited about coming out and meeting people who do; kind of a confidence builder!

fhsantos

Looks like my son won't be able to come with, so the gf and I and my 2 mutts will be there. By the way my name's Frank, see you guys there!

Jeff Hayes

Got the tater salad ready for tomorrow. Saw mention of paper plates above, how about utensils? Also, ketchup & mustard? Let me know and I can get them.

All of the above would be great.

Everyone bring drinks especialy if you want anything special.

BTW I understand alcohol is not allowed in the city parks.

sirtirithon

Looks like I will be there at least for a little while. I will be bringing my dad along. We wont be eating but want to show our support anyways. Has local media been notified like last year?

BobR

As yogi would say........

"Boo-Boo, it is a great day for a pic-a-nic!

Make it if you can.

As far as I know, no one has been notified. After all, we are citizens doing what citizens do, gathering and having a picnic. Just a regular day in a regular city. :)

bob

Jeff Hayes

Great day at the park, had about 40-45 show up including kids. A lot of new people showed mostly from the Spokane Gun Trader forum welcome to all of you.

Special thanks go out to Snarly for bringing and manning the grill, good job Snarly.

Thanks to BobR for setting the picnic up paying for the shelter and bringing his awesome brisket, if you have never had Bobs brisket you are missing a real treat.

I also would like to thank my wife who answered questions at the OC table from other people that saw our banner and stopped by to ask what were were doing. She passed out quite a few trifolds and Spokane County Sheriff Training bulletins.

On a negitive note several people saw us setting up and left the park. I did overhear one remark that "some people are not responsable" as a dad was taking his little girl to the car.

On a positive note I personally had 5 people that were not in our group come up and thank me/us.

All in all it was a good day, armed citizens got together, ate, talked and had a great time.

amzbrady

Great day at the park, had about 40-45 show up including kids. A lot of new people showed mostly from the Spokane Gun Trader forum welcome to all of you.

Special thanks go out to Snarly for bringing and manning the grill, good job Snarly.

Thanks to BobR for setting the picnic up paying for the shelter and bringing his awesome brisket, if you have never had Bobs brisket you are missing a real treat.

I also would like to thank my wife who answered questions at the OC table from other people that saw our banner and stopped by to ask what were were doing. She passed out quite a few trifolds and Spokane County Sheriff Training bulletins.

On a negitive note several people saw us setting up and left the park. I did overhear one remark that "some people are not responsable" as a dad was taking his little girl to the car.

On a positive note I personally had 5 people that were not in our group come up and thank me/us.

All in all it was a good day, armed citizens got together, ate, talked and had a great time.

Maybe he was self analyzing, he just wanted to let you know his thought on his own personal traits.

Thor80

Glad ya'll had a good time. Sorry couldnt make it. They sent me from the Valley to the Northside this afternoon so I couldnt stop by. Hope to catch up at the next one!

-Thor

Jeff Hayes

Glad ya'll had a good time. Sorry couldnt make it. They sent me from the Valley to the Northside this afternoon so I couldnt stop by. Hope to catch up at the next one!

-Thor

Missed you and your son he would have had a good time today, next time.

iyellatmytv

Had a great afternoon in the park! Of course everything goes better with the three F's (get yer mind outta the gutter!) Firearms, Food, and Friends :lol:

At the risk of bogging down this thread, heres some pics from this afternoon...

OCDO8-4003.jpg

OCDO8-4004.jpg

OCDO8-4024.jpg

OCDO8-4012.jpg

OCDO8-4007.jpg

OCDO8-4018.jpg

OCDO8-4023.jpg

OCDO8-4009.jpg

fhsantos

My apologies to the guy shooting pics with the Nikon, Gambit thought you were doing something dangerous in my direction & he has been taught to warn me of danger.

ApacheBunny

wife would of been carrying if she had her own gun, the guy in the green is me and my wife says the pic makes her butt look big lol. It was a fun meet and I took a stroll through the park with my wife. Also I am glad to hear you guys liked mine and my wife's cooking thanks again.

Last edited: