Thread: OC in Lake Geneva

OC in Lake Geneva

Heading to Lake Geneva this weekend and wondering about how they are with OC there.

To be honest I have not yet open carried in Lake Geneva and to be equally honest...

I would not let that stop me from open carring there. Best way to find out is to carry there a see what happens.

If you are new to open carry then it might be better to start with a known OC friendly place of business.

I am kinda close to Lake Geneva and would be happy to meet you somewhere so we could open carry together... to see what happens.

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    To be honest I have not yet open carried in Lake Geneva and to be equally honest...

I would not let that stop me from open carring there. Best way to find out is to carry there a see what happens.

If you are new to open carry then it might be better to start with a known OC friendly place of business.

I am kinda close to Lake Geneva and would be happy to meet you somewhere so we could open carry together... to see what happens.

Outdoorsman1
    As far as I know Lake Geneva is one of many places that still keeps an unenforceable "no carry" ordinance on the books: "No person, except a law enforcement officer or person authorized by the law to do so, shall within the City in any vehicle possess, carry, place with him or have under his control any firearm or air gun, unless such firearm or airgun is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case."

That doesn't necessarily tell you anything about their current view or practice. Wouldn't let it stop me since it's not a valid ordinance. Watch out for the school zones however.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

There are a number of people who have carried in Lake Geneva with no issues. I say carry where ever lawful to do so.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Ok... Now I am curious..., if I can find the time, I will "check out" Lake Geneva this weekend...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I have carried there to many times to count and with zero let me say that again zero LEO problems. The most i have had is a flatlander mom gather her childeren and quickly exit the store. I have talked to LEOs there while carrying and none of them even acknowledged that i was carrying the only think i would watch out for is the school zones as far as down town the only area i would watch yourself near is by caribou coffee as thats close to a school not sure if its in that magic 1000 ft but i just instead go to starbucks or have someone go there for me while i wait across the street