• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Lake Geneva

Outdoorsman1

To be honest I have not yet open carried in Lake Geneva and to be equally honest...

I would not let that stop me from open carring there. Best way to find out is to carry there a see what happens.

If you are new to open carry then it might be better to start with a known OC friendly place of business.

I am kinda close to Lake Geneva and would be happy to meet you somewhere so we could open carry together... to see what happens.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
To be honest I have not yet open carried in Lake Geneva and to be equally honest...

I would not let that stop me from open carring there. Best way to find out is to carry there a see what happens.

If you are new to open carry then it might be better to start with a known OC friendly place of business.

I am kinda close to Lake Geneva and would be happy to meet you somewhere so we could open carry together... to see what happens.

Outdoorsman1

As far as I know Lake Geneva is one of many places that still keeps an unenforceable "no carry" ordinance on the books: "No person, except a law enforcement officer or person authorized by the law to do so, shall within the City in any vehicle possess, carry, place with him or have under his control any firearm or air gun, unless such firearm or airgun is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case."

That doesn't necessarily tell you anything about their current view or practice. Wouldn't let it stop me since it's not a valid ordinance. Watch out for the school zones however.

protias

There are a number of people who have carried in Lake Geneva with no issues. I say carry where ever lawful to do so.

Outdoorsman1

Ok... Now I am curious..., if I can find the time, I will "check out" Lake Geneva this weekend...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

civilwarguy

I have carried there to many times to count and with zero let me say that again zero LEO problems. The most i have had is a flatlander mom gather her childeren and quickly exit the store. I have talked to LEOs there while carrying and none of them even acknowledged that i was carrying the only think i would watch out for is the school zones as far as down town the only area i would watch yourself near is by caribou coffee as thats close to a school not sure if its in that magic 1000 ft but i just instead go to starbucks or have someone go there for me while i wait across the street