Thread: new to louisiana

new to louisiana

Hi my name is Jon new to the state from Va open carried there all the time always saw others too visiting lafaytte for a while and still dont see anyone OC is this parish ok with it ?

any towns or parish to stay out of ?
    Last edited by sportwinger; 09-09-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Sorry it's rather slow here. All of LoUiSiAna is legal for open carry. It's just not very common.
    Be careful out there, and also take a look @-----> http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/index.php

Oldgoat is right. It can be pretty slow here. The LOCAL forum can get pretty busy. In the LOCAL Members section we've had 50 posts in the Publicity section in just the past week. The General Discussion and other areas aren't nearly that busy but they see some good traffic.

I think it's fair to say you will be sorely disappointed if your looking to see other OCer's in Louisiana. Do carry on by all means, the awareness you create is needed, but you'll be a candle in the darkness brother. There are no bonfires here. Virginia is more progressive in this and other regards.

I'd highly recommend you do not OC in New Orleans. That place has a long history of civil rights violations.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

does anyone get together for dinners ? in my area would like to meet others in my area

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    I think it's fair to say you will be sorely disappointed if your looking to see other OCer's in Louisiana. Do carry on by all means, the awareness you create is needed, but you'll be a candle in the darkness brother. There are no bonfires here. Virginia is more progressive in this and other regards.

I'd highly recommend you do not OC in New Orleans. That place has a long history of civil rights violations.
    I'd highly recommend you do not GO to New Orleans. That place has a long history of all kinds of violations.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sportwinger View Post
    does anyone get together for dinners ? in my area would like to meet others in my area
    There are a couple of OCers in the Alexandria area but I haven't heard of any dinner meetups happening. Keep in mind that here in La you can't carry anywhere that serves alcohol for onsite consumptin. So this really limits your options of where you can meet.