• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to louisiana

sportwinger

Hi my name is Jon new to the state from Va open carried there all the time always saw others too visiting lafaytte for a while and still dont see anyone OC is this parish ok with it ?

any towns or parish to stay out of ?

Last edited:

sraacke

Oldgoat is right. It can be pretty slow here. The LOCAL forum can get pretty busy. In the LOCAL Members section we've had 50 posts in the Publicity section in just the past week. The General Discussion and other areas aren't nearly that busy but they see some good traffic.

turbodog

I think it's fair to say you will be sorely disappointed if your looking to see other OCer's in Louisiana. Do carry on by all means, the awareness you create is needed, but you'll be a candle in the darkness brother. There are no bonfires here. Virginia is more progressive in this and other regards.

I'd highly recommend you do not OC in New Orleans. That place has a long history of civil rights violations.

Daylen

I think it's fair to say you will be sorely disappointed if your looking to see other OCer's in Louisiana. Do carry on by all means, the awareness you create is needed, but you'll be a candle in the darkness brother. There are no bonfires here. Virginia is more progressive in this and other regards.

I'd highly recommend you do not OC in New Orleans. That place has a long history of civil rights violations.

I'd highly recommend you do not GO to New Orleans. That place has a long history of all kinds of violations.

sraacke

does anyone get together for dinners ? in my area would like to meet others in my area
There are a couple of OCers in the Alexandria area but I haven't heard of any dinner meetups happening. Keep in mind that here in La you can't carry anywhere that serves alcohol for onsite consumptin. So this really limits your options of where you can meet.