Thread: Re-issue Permit with Address Change?

Re-issue Permit with Address Change?

Do they re-issue a permit with the updated address immediately or do they wait until your renewal?
    "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

FWIW, when I moved they did not issue a new permit to me with the new address. I just put my own sticker on the back with the new address similar to what the DMV does for CT driver's license. When I called DPS to report the new address, they were just interested in updating their database more than anything. When it came time for renewal, the new permit had the new address on it.

This was about 10 years ago, so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

If you have not done so already, make sure the notification is done within 48 hours after moving.

http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?a=2158&Q=294486

How do I change my address on my State Pistol Permit?

You can either call (860) 685-8290, or mail a letter to the Emergency Services and Public Protection, Division of State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT, 06457. Change of address is required within 48 hours, and the letter should include pistol permit number, name, and date of birth, old address, and new address.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

It was done a few weeks ago...they didn't say anything. It would be helpful if I could get the new card though.
    "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"