• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We let suspect terrorists who at shoot police off on lesser charges.

Haz.

No wonder they arrive here by the boat load, get involved in all forms of crime, and now a suspected terrorist who shot a police officer has been lot off on a lesses charge because he was scared?

Haz.

Scared Muslim let off police shooting
Kara Lawrence From: The Daily Telegraph September 09, 2011 12:00AM

A MUSLIM terror suspect who wounded a policeman in a gunfight escaped conviction on serious shooting charges after a judge found "anti-Muslim sentiment" made him fear for his safety.

A judge found the man had a loaded gun down his pants when police approached him.

But the judge found he had the gun not because he had planned to shoot the officers but because he was concerned for his safety.

It is understood the officers involved in the arrest of the man in November 2005 left the force as a result of the incident.

A suppression order has now been lifted on the June judgment by Sydney District Court Judge Leonie Flannery, who acquitted the man of shooting at Sergeant Adam Wolsey with intent to murder, shooting at him with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, and shooting at him with intent to resist apprehension.

In the judge-alone trial, the man pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Sgt Wolsey had been asked by a supervisor to arrest the man, wanted over terrorism-related offences. For legal reasons The Daily Telegraph cannot publish the outcome of those charges against him.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-police-shooting/story-e6freuzi-1226132678893

hammer6

No wonder they arrive here by the boat load, get involved in all forms of crime, and now a suspected terrorist who shot a police officer has been lot off on a lesses charge because he was scared?

Haz.

Scared Muslim let off police shooting
Kara Lawrence From: The Daily Telegraph September 09, 2011 12:00AM

A MUSLIM terror suspect who wounded a policeman in a gunfight escaped conviction on serious shooting charges after a judge found "anti-Muslim sentiment" made him fear for his safety.

A judge found the man had a loaded gun down his pants when police approached him.

But the judge found he had the gun not because he had planned to shoot the officers but because he was concerned for his safety.

It is understood the officers involved in the arrest of the man in November 2005 left the force as a result of the incident.

A suppression order has now been lifted on the June judgment by Sydney District Court Judge Leonie Flannery, who acquitted the man of shooting at Sergeant Adam Wolsey with intent to murder, shooting at him with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, and shooting at him with intent to resist apprehension.

In the judge-alone trial, the man pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Sgt Wolsey had been asked by a supervisor to arrest the man, wanted over terrorism-related offences. For legal reasons The Daily Telegraph cannot publish the outcome of those charges against him.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-police-shooting/story-e6freuzi-1226132678893

so this should work in our favor- he was okay because he had the gun because he feared for his safety. WELLLLL, i fear for my safety.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
We let suspect terrorists who at shoot police off on lesser charges.

You want to be careful about that word, Haz. The government can tarnish anybody just by inserting that word in front of their name. For myself, until good evidence is made public, I just assume a suspect terrorist is some poor Muslim targeted by government to enhance government's image, etc.

Anybody can be made a terrorist suspect. Here in the US, a few years ago, the Dept of Homeland Insecurity put out a flyer warning folks to watch out for and report, among other things, people who said we should return to the constitution. I think 2A support was a red-flag on the list, too.

Here in this country we have a "watch list" used to screen airline passengers. It has over a million names. There is no way in hell there are a million terrorists in this country.

Haz.

You want to be careful about that word, Haz. The government can tarnish anybody just by inserting that word in front of their name. For myself, until good evidence is made public, I just assume a suspect terrorist is some poor Muslim targeted by government to enhance government's image, etc.

Anybody can be made a terrorist suspect. Here in the US, a few years ago, the Dept of Homeland Insecurity put out a flyer warning folks to watch out for and report, among other things, people who said we should return to the constitution. I think 2A support was a red-flag on the list, too.

Here in this country we have a "watch list" used to screen airline passengers. It has over a million names. There is no way in hell there are a million terrorists in this country.

"Anybody can be made a terrorist suspect."
;

Yes and sadly, anybody can be made a terrorist suspect by the very people elected to serve the people who eletced them? Personally, I'm a clean skin. The only thing I can be accused of is obeying the laws of the land enacted by the people who were elected by the majority. Now thats ironic! Haz.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Here in the US, a few years ago, the Dept of Homeland Insecurity put out a flyer warning folks to watch out for and report, among other things, people who said we should return to the constitution. I think 2A support was a red-flag on the list, too.

Really? I'd love to see a copy of that flyer!

I think gun-owners comprise more than half the U.S. population, so wouldn't that be 150 million terrorists?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Really? I'd love to see a copy of that flyer!

Its several years old; but, it was actually posted here again within, say, the last two months by someone who hadn't seen it before and thought it was new news. So, maybe a thread title search would turn it up.

There was a momentary brou-haha in the gun world when it first came out. DHS, or whoever, made a bunch of apologies once the heat turned on, or claimed it wasn't really directed at honest citizens, or some such.

ETA: I just searched and found the recently posted flyer. It was not the one I was thinking of. Lemme see if I can turn something up for you with a little more searching.

ETA: Here is the first google return http://www.infowars.com/media/rightwing-dhs.pdf

Last edited: