• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BDJ LTD Training Propaganda

Interceptor_Knight

I rescind any prior recommendation I have made in the past to take any of the Bill Schmitz classes. I was forwarded a propaganda anouncement from BDJ regarding the split from AACFI. It appears that it has at best half truths and was intended to bash AACFI. My perception is that this is a case of biting the hand which feeds you. My perception is that AACFI did alot for BDJ and now that they are more established they no longer feel a need for AACFI support.

Here are some excerpts:

As many of you know, for the last few years, we've been moving away from the AACFI curriculum and towards a straight Utah class, with a shoot to qualify for the Florida permit as well. As it turns out, it appears that the class we are currently doing for the UT permit, will also qualify for the WI permit, as it does Florida.

Just know that the AACFI Wisconsin CCW Class, which may qualify for WI, it will not qualify for UT, or even a Florida permit, as it is presented.

The facts are that the BDJ class does not qualify for a FL permit without paying the extra charge and attending a range session. The statement that BDJ is moving to a "straight Utah class" is telling. My perception is that BDJ is simply using the Utah class for WI instead of focusing on a quality WI class.
My perception is also that BDJ is eliminating overhead and continuing to charge the same fees to students.
The yearly association fee for AACFI (not much more than BDJ pays for a single class range rental session) includes updates and the support of AACFI attorneys. My perception is that BDJ is on its own and is not a part of any support network for developing the WI carry portion of their class.
AACFI classes are developed with the aid of attorneys and professional consultants.
If my perceptions are incorrect I welcome someone bringing forward data to the contrary.

My recommendation is to attend Henry Rahr's AACFI Certified WI Carry class. He will be teaching Utah once again as soon as he picks up NRA certification as is the new Utah trainer requirement.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I rescind any prior recommendation I have made in the past to take any of the Bill Schmitz classes. I was forwarded a propaganda anouncement from BDJ regarding the split from AACFI. It appears that it has at best half truths and was intended to bash AACFI. My perception is that this is a case of biting the hand which feeds you. My perception is that AACFI did alot for BDJ and now that they are more established they no longer feel a need for AACFI support.

Here are some excerpts:

The facts are that the BDJ class does not qualify for a FL permit without paying the extra charge and attending a range session. The statement that BDJ is moving to a "straight Utah class" is telling. My perception is that BDJ is simply using the Utah class for WI instead of focusing on a quality WI class.
My perception is also that BDJ is eliminating overhead and continuing to charge the same fees to students.
The yearly association fee for AACFI (not much more than BDJ pays for a single class range rental session) includes updates and the support of AACFI attorneys. My perception is that BDJ is on its own and is not a part of any support network for developing the WI carry portion of their class.
AACFI classes are developed with the aid of attorneys and professional consultants.
If my perceptions are incorrect I welcome someone bringing forward data to the contrary.

My recommendation is to attend Henry Rahr's AACFI Certified WI Carry class. He will be teaching Utah once again as soon as he picks up NRA certification as is the new Utah trainer requirement.

Interceptor..you nailed it right on the head ! I had posted this letter about 3 weeks ago when we had the disagreement
. I have been assisting Henry with his classes for almost 2 months now, everything you said is Accurate. I am considering becoming an AACFI instructor myself, so I can fill in for Henry when he is sick or unavailable to teach his classes. Henry really knows his stuff as you know.
Students that attend other Classes will not get the needed information AACFI teaches it's students.

Last edited: