Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA Vanity Plates: "I CARRY"

Thumbs up VA Vanity Plates: "I CARRY"

That was me honking and giving you the "thumbs up" near the Witchduck Road ramp, westbound on I-264 in Virginia Beach at about 5:30 PM Friday evening.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I've been considering getting plates to that effect myself, I should check the website to see what's available.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

My plates read "OPN CARY"

I know in VA "10-32" and most all of the ways you can write it, are taken.

Mine says "SHOOT".
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Y'all have inspired me

Generally, I HATE vanity plates. But I've bent my own rule and just ordered my "open carry" vanity plate:

OPEN KRE

Founder's Club Member
    I'm not real big on inviting car break-ins. Thus, no NRA or VCDL stickers, etc. I never leave the gun in the car (it was lost in a tragic boating accident); but I don't want any broken windows while a criminal is looking for the gun that isn't there.

Also, I don't want to tip any cops during a traffic stop. I don't want some cop ordering me out of the car just because I've got an NRA sticker or pro-gun license plate.

I'll let the open carried gun...um, oar...be my gun promoter.

YMMV.

I find myself agreeing with Citizen's comments. Besides, my vanity plates mean more to me by having my name on them than a political message however well meaning that message is

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    I ordered the new yellow Dont Tread on Me plates with DTO ME
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm not real big on inviting car break-ins. Thus, no NRA or VCDL stickers, etc. I never leave the gun in the car (it was lost in a tragic boating accident); but I don't want any broken windows while a criminal is looking for the gun that isn't there.

Also, I don't want to tip any cops during a traffic stop. I don't want some cop ordering me out of the car just because I've got an NRA sticker or pro-gun license plate.

I'll let the open carried gun...um, oar...be my gun promoter.

YMMV.
    I have had NRA, Lafayette Gun Club, VCDL stickers and some other politically incorrect bumper stickers on my car for a couple years now (since I got it) and never had a problem with thieves or vandalism. So basically I don't agree with you! If we don't stand together we will hang separately. I usually get at least one positive comment a week on my cars political display (bumper stickers etc). I have yet to get a negative comment. Being politically correct isn't in my genes and worrying about a traffic stop or breakin is bowing to pressure to limit your speech to avoid harassment. All polls show a large majority of Christian Conservatives in this country but many are afraid of their shadow. Today is the day for courage not when it is safe!

Now with that said, let me contradict myself. When I drove to FL this year I took off most of the bumper (magnets) since I didn't know what neighborhoods and areas I was going to that would pose a risk to my kids. After all FL gangs were shooting rental cars for the fun of it a few years back which caused rental cars to change their license plates and stickers. So I know there is an exception to most rules.

Quote Originally Posted by holzerd View Post
    Generally, I HATE vanity plates. But I've bent my own rule and just ordered my "open carry" vanity plate:

OPEN KRE

I've bounced my vanity plate of a couple of non-gunners. They can't figure it out. My point is that those "in the know" will get it while those "in the white" won't.

And by "in the white" I am referring to Condition White - the sheeples.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint. Hell, my plate says PROSHTR.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint. Hell, my plate says PROSHTR.
    Well you have to admit there could be other meanings to that license plate!

Someone might think you are a lawyer with such artful use of the language that it requires boots to be worn. ;-)

ETA: Or you could just really really hate poetry!
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 09-12-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    Well you have to admit there could be other meanings to that license plate!

Someone might think you are a lawyer with such artful use of the language that it requires boots to be worn. ;-)

ETA: Or you could just really really hate poetry!
    LOL! I think when you combine the plate with all of the Proactive Shooters signs on the truck, it becomes easier to figure out.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

You're a PROStitue HaTeR?

Jamestown 400th Anniversary tag, with MUSKTR. Pretty self-explanatory.

PROSHTR = Truck Driver

Quote Originally Posted by raftgyde View Post
    PROSHTR = Truck Driver
    ???
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint.
    Thats probably because th cop saw the FOP and 'thin blue line' stickers....

(Just kidding... I don't know if you really have those on your truck or not.)

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I've had to buy bunches of GUNS SAVE LIVES bumper stickers because people often ask me where I got it and how they can get one. I give them out with VCDL information.

Recently recruited a DC resident to VCDL in exactly that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Thats probably because th cop saw the FOP and 'thin blue line' stickers....

(Just kidding... I don't know if you really have those on your truck or not.)
    I don't.

The thin blue line concept was invented by two cops in Georgia and was a nice idea, until people started selling stickers on ebay.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

The thin blue line concept was invented by two cops in Georgia and was a nice idea, until people started selling stickers on ebay.
    People probably started buying them because they realized that if they put a simple bumper sticker on their vehicle..... they could get away with some traffic violations they might otherwise be charged with. You know, that 'professional courtesy' thing....

Although personally, I'd rather take the ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    People probably started buying them because they realized that if they put a simple bumper sticker on their vehicle..... they could get away with some traffic violations they might otherwise be charged with. You know, that 'professional courtesy' thing....

Although personally, I'd rather take the ticket....
    That is unfortunately what it became. The original intention was to advise LEO's that the driver was also a LEO and may be armed and/or could provide assistance in an emergency.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

That is unfortunately what it became. The original intention was to advise LEO's that the driver was also a LEO and may be armed and/or could provide assistance in an emergency.
    If there was no other LEO's around I would provide assistance to an LEO in an emergency! I don't put any bumper stickers at all on my car though although the idea of not getting speeding tickets sounds nice! I used to speed a lot when I first got my car but I've tamed my tendency to do so now. I feel like I've seen a car with a ProShooter logo on it, do you drive an SUV? I could be thinking of something else.

In my friends neighborhood there's a lot of people that drive old "surplus" (for lack of a better word) Police Interceptor Crown Vics and dark Impalas thinking they won't get pulled over driving them, but it seems I see them pulled over more than any other type of cars hahaha.

I have never wanted vanity plates because for some reason I'm paranoid and feel like my random plates would be harder to remember, but would however be interested in the Don't Tread On Me vanity plates, I looked on the DMV site and didn't see them I'll have to check that out I would probably get something random on them though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast