• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ORR...whats available?

GlockRDH

Kind of a hypothetical...an officer has to call dispatch or another officer to discuss a situation he/she might be in concerning OC/CC etc..or ANYTHING...how is what ever is discussed in htat call EVER available? or is it?

Fallschirjmäger

Theoretically... anything that's a matter of public record is supposed to be available.
In actuality, it could depend on how honest the agency and its employees are.
Initial 911 calls
Computer Aided Dispatches
Radio communications
Telephone calls to the dispatcher
Incident reports

no calls from officer to officer though, at least if they're using personal cellphones.
I have found out though, that it Does matter who or what part of an agency you send the request to. I found out that where I live, if you contact the Dispatch Office (co-located with the Sheriff's Office) all you will get back is an incident report. If you want full transcripts you have to go through the County Manager.

Last edited: