• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry but I've gotta ask a couple CC related questions.

qqq1

Thats where I keep mine.

Can you show me a pic? Info on how you did it?

My class seemed to be fairly good, but it is of course the only class I've taken. I guess all I can really say for sure is the instructors were nice and may the day long class fun. Information about each of my q's was mentioned and I did ask a few quick questions but these were just some specific things that I've recently thought of. There was no talk of OC other then when they said saginaw county people have to meet with the gun board and they may ask you a quick question like "where are the places you cant carry?", and I said "can I start arguing with them about OC in those places?". I can understand why instructors don't want to cover OC it as many people get harassed/detained by leo when following OC law to the letter.

My certificate says NRA all over it. I guess I just ASSumed thats how it was.

Mine says something about NRA home protection certified. Is that what they all are? And if that's the right class I don't see why they would need to even talk about CC... since it's a class about in home protection.

Last edited:

SpringerXDacp

Do they have to be NRA? I thought they just had to meet the state requirements in the statute of which the NRA course provides. I'm not sure it has to be NRA courses. Someone will know.

Per 28.425j:
(d) The instructor of the course is certified by this state or a national organization to teach the 8-hour pistol safety training course described in this section.

stainless1911

Banned
Can you show me a pic? Info on how you did it?

On the ebrake: I split and bent a pipe to fit the ebrake handle, then welded a plate to it with the mounting holes lined up to the screw holes in the serpa.

Between the seats: I got a flat bar, bolted it to an old seatbelt mount, and welded a mounting plate similarly as above.

103_3390.jpg

PICT0087-1.jpg

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Per 28.425j:
(d) The instructor of the course is certified by this state or a national organization to teach the 8-hour pistol safety training course described in this section.

Would MCOLES be a state certified organization? So it doesn't have to be NRA, it's just that is the most common national organization that teaches the class. They seem to occupy the field (Imagine that). But the state requirement doesn't say it HAS to be NRA.

Bronson

Would MCOLES be a state certified organization? So it doesn't have to be NRA, it's just that is the most common national organization that teaches the class. They seem to occupy the field (Imagine that). But the state requirement doesn't say it HAS to be NRA.

Gun Owners of America or The Second Amendment Foundation should start certifying instructors.

Bronson

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
...unless you live in Ingham County then you have to risk dealing with Aqualina who says OC in a sports stadium with s CPL creates an "absurd" legal situation -- and will convict you. See People v Wilkins.

I looked at the case you reference and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with OC in a stadium; am I missing something?

Venator

I looked at the case you reference and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with OC in a stadium; am I missing something?

The pavilion has a "stadium" like structure fpr rodeos, competitions, horse shows etc... It has seating for LESS than 2500. So what to do, is it a stadium for sporting events, an entertainment facility,,,hmmmm we must charge him with something. This case is major Fed up.

She ruled that because he couldn't know it was a stadium he's not guilty so she reversed the conviction. But in her opinion she stated that having a CPL DOES NOT give you the right to OC in the places on .234d.

The defendant was OCing in the pavilion.

Onnie

On the ebrake: I split and bent a pipe to fit the ebrake handle, then welded a plate to it with the mounting holes lined up to the screw holes in the serpa.

Between the seats: I got a flat bar, bolted it to an old seatbelt mount, and welded a mounting plate similarly as above.

103_3390.jpg

PICT0087-1.jpg

Thats a very pretty pink brush you have there fella!;)

xmanhockey7

Yes MCOLES does. My CPL instructor does the MCOLES and had no NRA training. Taught a good class too.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
The pavilion has a "stadium" like structure fpr rodeos, competitions, horse shows etc... It has seating for LESS than 2500. So what to do, is it a stadium for sporting events, an entertainment facility,,,hmmmm we must charge him with something. This case is major Fed up.

She ruled that because he couldn't know it was a stadium he's not guilty so she reversed the conviction. But in her opinion she stated that having a CPL DOES NOT give you the right to OC in the places on .234d.

The defendant was OCing in the pavilion.

I think I might have the wrong case; the case I found had nothing to do with firearms. If you have a copy, could you send it to me?
drtoddw@gmail.com

Venator

I think I might have the wrong case; the case I found had nothing to do with firearms. If you have a copy, could you send it to me?
drtoddw@gmail.com

Email sent, but I don't have the case. It has only been filed to the appeals. The decision to overturn the guilty district court decision was done by the circuit court in Ingham Co. I talked with the attorney and he relayed the gist of the case to me over the phone some time ago.