• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Estes Park Highlands Festival

eBratt

Yeah, it started on Thursday and ends tomorrow. We are going up today and I'd hate to get all the way to the get only to find they have a metal detector or something. Site doesn't mention firearms at all.

mahkagari

There's another thread bemoaning how my current holster clashes with my kilt and my gun won't fit in my sporran. Will report back when I have some custom work done.

eBratt

I ended up CCing the entire time as I was there with the wife, kids, and my mother and really didn't want to have a huge event that might result in simply being ejected from the event. I didn't see any firearm signs of any kind at all and there were certainly plenty of people bearing arms, just not firearms (lots of swords, dirks, daggers, etc.) although a few did have some black powder pistols tucked in their belts.

There were quite a few different Arrow Security guards around and I did see a few PDs walking around. If anyone else knows more, I'd love to hear it as I'd love to OC next year.

since9

Campaign Veteran
My holster has a leg strap, but I wrap it around the holster while CCing. It works just fine as a holster without it. It's not as stable, but that's ok.

I like the idea of the shoulder holster. With a nice shirt, a slick shoulder holster would complement the outfit.

Truebloods will kill me for saying this, but I'm a fan of Utilikilts. They have belts.