• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lumberton store owner kills man during robbery attempt

Roger Mosley Jr

LUMBERTON - A Lumberton store owner shot and killed a gunman during an armed robbery Thursday afternoon, authorities said.

Police were called to the Westside Seafood & Market at 309 W. Fifth St., about 5:20 p.m., Capt. Johnny Barnes of the Lumberton Police Department said.

They found Brandon Eddie Wright, no age or address given, dead in the parking lot, Barnes said.

The store owner, who has not been identified, was inside the business, holding a gun on two men who were lying on the floor, Barnes said.

Wright and another man came into the business and confronted two employees, Barnes said.

Wright pointed a gun at the two and demanded money, Barnes said.

The owner, who was in another room, came out and was confronted by Wright, Barnes said.

The store owner, who was carrying a handgun, fired two shots at Wright, Barnes said.

Wright and the second man ran out of the store, he said.

Wright collapsed in the parking lot and was dead by the time medics arrived, Barnes said.

The second man got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Police still were looking for the second suspect Thursday night, Barnes said.

Investigators were questioning the two men detained by the store owner to find out if they were involved in the robbery, Barnes said.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Investigators were questioning the two men detained by the store owner to find out if they were involved in the robbery, Barnes said.

Ya think the fact that that the store owner was still holding them at gunpoint might be what some folks refer to as "a clue" about the involvement of the two laying on the floor hoping not to become ventilated by lead?

Or maybe shop owners in Lumberton, NC make it a habit to hold customers/innocent bystanders at gunpoint so they will be available to tell the cops "The guys who tried to rob the store ran out when the owner came in. Yep! That dead guy there in the parking lot was one of them. You cops got any idea where the other one might be, 'cause he's not hanging around anywheres I can see him?" [/sarcasm if anybody was not aware that I was using sarcasm there]

Dear sweet baby cuthulu, I do love how reportologists string words together. It makes me go :banghead::cuss::banghead:

stay safe.