Thread: Carrying / Transporting Road Trip

Carrying / Transporting Road Trip

So, I have always transported my guns in the trunk of my car in a case locked. I know there are certain states I can have a loaded gun in the car as long as it is in plain view "open carry".

My question is, I am throwing a bachelor party weekend for my best friend up in MN, we one day are going to an outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting, the only problem is my rifle wont fit in the trunk of my car in its case. I would have to have it uncased and locked, but I dont want it to be an issue should I be pulled over for "vehicle velocity tests " aka speeding. Does anyone have any info or advice regarding this?

Thanks

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post
    So, I have always transported my guns in the trunk of my car in a case locked. I know there are certain states I can have a loaded gun in the car as long as it is in plain view "open carry".

My question is, I am throwing a bachelor party weekend for my best friend up in MN, we one day are going to an outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting, the only problem is my rifle wont fit in the trunk of my car in its case. I would have to have it uncased and locked, but I dont want it to be an issue should I be pulled over for "vehicle velocity tests " aka speeding. Does anyone have any info or advice regarding this?

Thanks

Tim
    Hey Tim,

You probably want to post on the Minnesota board for a quicker response.
    They will have the information you will be looking for.

Have fun at the party!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

I was just asking in general, I am familiar with MN laws, as well as CA, NC, IL. I probably should have stated that.

Tim