• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying / Transporting Road Trip

tim12232

So, I have always transported my guns in the trunk of my car in a case locked. I know there are certain states I can have a loaded gun in the car as long as it is in plain view "open carry".

My question is, I am throwing a bachelor party weekend for my best friend up in MN, we one day are going to an outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting, the only problem is my rifle wont fit in the trunk of my car in its case. I would have to have it uncased and locked, but I dont want it to be an issue should I be pulled over for "vehicle velocity tests :D" aka speeding. Does anyone have any info or advice regarding this?

Thanks

Tim

March Hare

So, I have always transported my guns in the trunk of my car in a case locked. I know there are certain states I can have a loaded gun in the car as long as it is in plain view "open carry".

My question is, I am throwing a bachelor party weekend for my best friend up in MN, we one day are going to an outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting, the only problem is my rifle wont fit in the trunk of my car in its case. I would have to have it uncased and locked, but I dont want it to be an issue should I be pulled over for "vehicle velocity tests :D" aka speeding. Does anyone have any info or advice regarding this?

Thanks

Tim

Hey Tim,

You probably want to post on the Minnesota board for a quicker response.
They will have the information you will be looking for.

Have fun at the party!

-MH

tim12232

I was just asking in general, I am familiar with MN laws, as well as CA, NC, IL. I probably should have stated that.

Tim