• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pemco, I like they way they think...

ApacheBunny

the same old anti-gun foot in the door "think of the children" or "your children are in danger at a friends house" heard it all, i keep my gun loaded and at my side at all times, seeing as its the only firearm in the house no beef there, but sadly I am out of the "bullets" required to fire this dangerous device sooooo IMG_20110911_083001.jpg this is in store for the unlucky bastard that breaks into my house. yes it is very real, very sharp, and I clean it regularly like my gun to keep the blade from rusting.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Only downside to that is that anyone else who gains access to your house has access to your guns too.
The only time they are "handy" is when I'm home, otherwise they are in my steel gun cabinet or with me. Also if you haven't noticed yet I tend to be sarcastic.

Attachments

• 1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 123

Difdi

the same old anti-gun foot in the door "think of the children" or "your children are in danger at a friends house" heard it all, i keep my gun loaded and at my side at all times, seeing as its the only firearm in the house no beef there, but sadly I am out of the "bullets" required to fire this dangerous device sooooo View attachment 6891 this is in store for the unlucky bastard that breaks into my house. yes it is very real, very sharp, and I clean it regularly like my gun to keep the blade from rusting.

Heh, at the optimal range for a sawed-off shotgun, a sword in trained hands is deadlier than a pistol. Much beyond that range, though, you'd be better off with the pistol. And personally, I'd rather have the shotgun than either sword or pistol at that range. ;)

ApacheBunny

well I am sure everyone on the board thinks I am a nut now lol, but I'll use every sharp instrument in the house if I dont have any other alternative ill be shampooing the carpet after I am done lol. the Pemco thing, I do agree with give your kid some insurance buy them a gun, the protection plan they will need.

FMCDH

Heh, at the optimal range for a sawed-off shotgun, a sword in trained hands is deadlier than a pistol. Much beyond that range, though, you'd be better off with the pistol. And personally, I'd rather have the shotgun than either sword or pistol at that range. ;)

In my opinion, for a home invasion situation, you are better off with a pistol if you plan to go moving about your house to secure the kids or go looking for an intruder (it may be necessary), as its far more controllable, maneuverable and KEEP-able under the widest range of situations. It far easier to disarm and/or wrestle someone with a rifle or shotgun. There is a level less of control in such weapons that require extension away from the body, and its in-close control is far diminished to that of a pistol that can be kept close to the chest or at the side while using a free arm to defend and deflect, especially if you get knocked down.

Now, that being said...
If you plan to create a choke or ambush point at the top of a staircase, or in a bedroom after calling the police, I would agree that a shotgun or rifle (with an appropriate load that wont pass through into your neighbors house/apartment) is a better choice in both accuracy and "stopping power".

More than a few individuals in our boarding officer training classes have been shown just how vulnerable they become to an attacker that gets inside the sweep zone of long arms, or even other two handed weapons, to include baseball bats AND swords.

And if you get pepper sprayed while trying to bring a rifle or shotgun to bear on an attacker, you might as well forget about it unless you plan to spray and prey. *cringe*

Difdi

In my opinion, for a home invasion situation, you are better off with a pistol if you plan to go moving about your house to secure the kids or go looking for an intruder (it may be necessary), as its far more controllable, maneuverable and KEEP-able under the widest range of situations. It far easier to disarm and/or wrestle someone with a rifle or shotgun. There is a level less of control in such weapons that require extension away from the body, and its in-close control is far diminished to that of a pistol that can be kept close to the chest or at the side while using a free arm to defend and deflect, especially if you get knocked down.

Now, that being said...
If you plan to create a choke or ambush point at the top of a staircase, or in a bedroom after calling the police, I would agree that a shotgun or rifle (with an appropriate load that wont pass through into your neighbors house/apartment) is a better choice in both accuracy and "stopping power".

More than a few individuals in our boarding officer training classes have been shown just how vulnerable they become to an attacker that gets inside the sweep zone of long arms, or even other two handed weapons, to include baseball bats AND swords.

And if you get pepper sprayed while trying to bring a rifle or shotgun to bear on an attacker, you might as well forget about it unless you plan to spray and prey. *cringe*

It's hard to get inside the sweep of a gladius. And people who are not trained swordsmen tend to drastically underestimate the distance a trained swordsman can lunge. Even with large swords, if it's sharp enough to shave with, even being inside the sweep is going to hurt, since any contact could be disabling. European swords generally aren't that sharp, but it's entirely possible with a middle eastern or Asian blade. The traditional test of scimitars evokes very scary possibilities even standing inside the sweep of one, just brushing up against it might end the fight.

A baseball bat needs some momentum to really be useful, but with a sword that can pass the silk scarf test, simple touches (or a short draw cut) get nasty fast.

ApacheBunny

yeah the only problem is I am trained in using swords, not all swords are two handed, and not saying its like some over done action movie where they are striking each others swords together lol, I didnt feel just having a gun was enough, so i did medieval reenactment where there were swordsman classes, and of course what kid wasn't in karate classes so there is martial arts in there, not saying i am some bad ass sob wearing Oakleys and spouting off how awesome he is at taking down an invisible enemy i just wanted to be well prepared like having a pack of condoms lol, chances are the guy breaking into your house is not going to expect a sword coming down at him. ending note, buy your kids condoms (or guns) and teach them the values and uses for their safety (bad commercial acting)

Last edited:

heresolong

Hmm. Didn't see any acknowledgment to the NRA for their Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, Tell an Adult advice. Straight out of Eddie Eagle.

amzbrady

Hmm. Didn't see any acknowledgment to the NRA for their Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, Tell an Adult advice. Straight out of Eddie Eagle.

Why would they acknowledge the NRA? That is partly why I like the way they think. The NRA does not suppport every facet of the 2nd ammendment. They will never get my money. I think a NFA, "National firearms assosiation" would make more sense.

I was commenting on the fact that a company recognizes people own firearms and are willing to put out some advice on their flyer instead of ignoring it and buying into the huge corporate mindset, of "we just dont talk about those things in the workplace".

How many other companies do this?

amlevin

Why would they acknowledge the NRA? That is partly why I like the way they think. The NRA does not suppport every facet of the 2nd ammendment. They will never get my money. I think a NFA, "National firearms assosiation" would make more sense.
Do you have any idea how many "Pro Gun" organizations there are already? There is just about one for every State plus several so called National organizations. Every one of them is vying for funds and donations. Rather than pick one group to get behind gun owners are spreading their "clout" all over the spectrum. The organizations that have been the most effective in challenging laws around the country are both the NRA and SAF. They may not challenge ALL the laws but they have been effective in picking battles that will have the most effect over all.

If we keep spreading our support around among all the little ineffective groups the anti-gun movement will retain all the traction they've enjoyed over the years.

Just remember, the most far reaching decisions of the last 50+ years was brought about by the NRA and SAF, not GOA, or any of the other "No Compromise" organizations.

amzbrady

Do you have any idea how many "Pro Gun" organizations there are already? There is just about one for every State plus several so called National organizations. Every one of them is vying for funds and donations. Rather than pick one group to get behind gun owners are spreading their "clout" all over the spectrum. The organizations that have been the most effective in challenging laws around the country are both the NRA and SAF. They may not challenge ALL the laws but they have been effective in picking battles that will have the most effect over all.

If we keep spreading our support around among all the little ineffective groups the anti-gun movement will retain all the traction they've enjoyed over the years.

Just remember, the most far reaching decisions of the last 50+ years was brought about by the NRA and SAF, not GOA, or any of the other "No Compromise" organizations.

Does the NRA support or endorse open carry?

FMCDH

I have seen them back some OC friendly legislation from time to time, but not always. I see the NRA more as a "right to own" focused organization more than a "right to carry" one. That's not say they don't support both, but I notice they focus much more on the one than the other.

amlevin

Did you miss this? It was posted last month in of all places, this Forum. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7037

Yes, they do support Open Carry just like Concealed Carry, Hunting, Sport Shooting, and just about anything that has to do with the 2nd Amendment and Firearms.

Many don't like the NRA but as it stands today, they've put more money in the "Fight" than anyone else.

amzbrady

Did you miss this? It was posted last month in of all places, this Forum. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7037

Yes, they do support Open Carry just like Concealed Carry, Hunting, Sport Shooting, and just about anything that has to do with the 2nd Amendment and Firearms.

Many don't like the NRA but as it stands today, they've put more money in the "Fight" than anyone else.

I did miss that, but I did not miss this... http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=11319014

ApacheBunny

in that video I would think that the reporter going to the Brady Bunch was a bad idea because they like to muddy up the language or lie on live television for their cause. Not lie gonna about this all anti-gun people are limp wristed pansies lacking a backbone. And I am still confused about the NRA I should probably do some more reading.

Flopsweat

the same old anti-gun foot in the door "think of the children" or "your children are in danger at a friends house"...

I disagree. It looks like a reasonable, responsible approach to firearm safety in the home. It is a good idea to have your kids take a formal safety course. It is a good idea to make sure their toys can't be easily confused for a firearm. I saw nothing anti-gun there.

amlevin

I disagree. It looks like a reasonable, responsible approach to firearm safety in the home. It is a good idea to have your kids take a formal safety course. It is a good idea to make sure their toys can't be easily confused for a firearm. I saw nothing anti-gun there.

It's an even better idea to take the time to teach your kids about gun safety. No need for a "professional" course if you, the parent are doing your job. A "course" is a one time event. Parental involvement should be continuous.