Thread: Forest Park and the Zoo

Forest Park and the Zoo

I'm not finding what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me if I can OC in Forest Park and into the Zoo? I do have a CCW. Thanks for any information you may be able to share.

I don't think so that's stl proper and I believe the park is city owned

Sent from my Desire HD

So I have to cover it in the park. I wonder if the zoo is posted?
    Last edited by Porchdog; 09-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.

The last time I was at the zoo ccw was ok but that was last year. It would probally be best bet to keep concealed there. Stl seems to make the rules as they go.

Sent from my Desire HD

Accomplished Advocate
    Zoo is off limits, one of the 17 for ccw as well under "amusement park" and that is indeed the actual business license they hold.

Both are in the city, both are public property, both are in a no OC zone.

I would not recomend it at all either even for a test case, you are playing in the belly of the beast and more libtard anti-gun stuff in STL politics than anywhere else, ESPECIALLY within the police force and it could be a dangerous situation before they arrest you.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Thanks for the info .... won't be going to the zoo tomorrow ... see you at the picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by Porchdog View Post
    Thanks for the info .... won't be going to the zoo tomorrow ... see you at the picnic.
    Not saying who..... But, folks have been known o admit they CCW at the STL Zoo. One of those don't ask don't tell things.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I CCW everywhere unless it is a court building.
    I would much rather deal with the consequences of being exposed, than to deal with the consequences of being "unarmed."
    If there is no metal detector or pat down into a CCW restricted area I will be armed.
    Personal decision I suppose.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by lincomores View Post

If there is no metal detector or pat down into a CCW restricted area I will be armed.
    Personal decision I suppose.
    And on that note, as one of the 17, all that should happen is you get asked to leave. I think OC at the zoo might go differently though since it is within the city and is against the law 100%
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    And on that note, as one of the 17, all that should happen is you get asked to leave. I think OC at the zoo might go differently though since it is within the city and is against the law 100%
    Exactly.

Open Carry would be a "totally different" outcome, I would assume.
    But being "unarmed" is not an option for me.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by lincomores View Post
    Exactly.

Open Carry would be a "totally different" outcome, I would assume.
    But being "unarmed" is not an option for me.
    Amen to that sir, a god given right and one worthy of respect.

Sorry you could not make the picnic, posting from there as we speak. A little over 40, washers, frisbee's, kids playing all over the place.

Hope your weekend is a good one.