• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forest Park and the Zoo

Porchdog

I'm not finding what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me if I can OC in Forest Park and into the Zoo? I do have a CCW. Thanks for any information you may be able to share.

repomasterstl

The last time I was at the zoo ccw was ok but that was last year. It would probally be best bet to keep concealed there. Stl seems to make the rules as they go.

Sent from my Desire HD

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Zoo is off limits, one of the 17 for ccw as well under "amusement park" and that is indeed the actual business license they hold.

Both are in the city, both are public property, both are in a no OC zone.

I would not recomend it at all either even for a test case, you are playing in the belly of the beast and more libtard anti-gun stuff in STL politics than anywhere else, ESPECIALLY within the police force and it could be a dangerous situation before they arrest you.

lincomores

I CCW everywhere unless it is a court building.
I would much rather deal with the consequences of being exposed, than to deal with the consequences of being "unarmed."
If there is no metal detector or pat down into a CCW restricted area I will be armed.
Personal decision I suppose.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
If there is no metal detector or pat down into a CCW restricted area I will be armed.
Personal decision I suppose.

And on that note, as one of the 17, all that should happen is you get asked to leave. I think OC at the zoo might go differently though since it is within the city and is against the law 100%

lincomores

And on that note, as one of the 17, all that should happen is you get asked to leave. I think OC at the zoo might go differently though since it is within the city and is against the law 100%

Exactly.

Open Carry would be a "totally different" outcome, I would assume.
But being "unarmed" is not an option for me.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Exactly.

Open Carry would be a "totally different" outcome, I would assume.
But being "unarmed" is not an option for me.

Amen to that sir, a god given right and one worthy of respect.

Sorry you could not make the picnic, posting from there as we speak. A little over 40, washers, frisbee's, kids playing all over the place.

Hope your weekend is a good one.