• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Sky1

I was on vacation at the outer banks of NC just me and my wife. I remember we got an awesome upgrade to a penthouse suite.
When I turned on the weather channel I saw the news, I knew this was bad.

When the first tower fell I cried, when the second went I got sick.

I had a yaesu Ft100 ham radio in the car, I tuned to the mil frequencies and it was jammed air traffic.

My 88 year old mother was with my sister left Boston Logan Airport that morning at 8:00AM to go to Florida. She said they could see the towers on fire and the pilot made a comment about it when they flew past.

30 minutes later she said it got quiet on their plane with the only comment, please prepare for landing. Her flight along with everyone elses was order down. Fortunately Delta had made bus arrangements to complete her trip by bus. Her flight was ordered to land by the time they go to South Carolina.

She could have walked right by these guys at the airport. Yes a day to remember

TheRatt

I was in bed sleeping my dad woke me up and we sat and watched the second plane hit. My mom starting crying when the phone rang we all knew I was being ordered to the armory to stand guard. I would then go on to airport duty and a year in Saudi Arabia.

MR Redenck

Between Monahans and Pyote Texas. That afternoon I saw GW Bush promise to hunt down and kill those responsible for the attack against America!

Last edited:

Jack House

Was in Austin, watching the morning news with my mother when it all started. Was an interesting day.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Brion

I remember it was a tuesday, I was a Junior in High School in my Second class of the day, French class. The principal jumped on the PA and said to turn on the TV in the classrooms to watch what was going on that planes had crashed into the WTC.

okboomer

At that time, I was working in a restaurant and had closed the night before, so I should have been asleep, but I couldn't sleep from about 6am CDT and was up watching FoxNews and saw the whole thing go down. The local schools sent the kids home at noon.