• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer spotted in Woodland Park 9-10-11

PikesPeakMtnMan

I saw a gentleman openly carrying a nice 1911 today at the car show in Woodland Park. I did not have the chance to talk with him, and I was not OCing myself....but if anyone else in the large crowd even noticed his gun, they CLEARLY didn't care....of course it was in Teller County.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I saw a gentleman openly carrying a nice 1911 today at the car show in Woodland Park. I did not have the chance to talk with him, and I was not OCing myself....

:eek:

but if anyone else in the large crowd even noticed his gun, they CLEARLY didn't care....of course it was in Teller County.

Most people don't care. Those that do usually have enough sense to realize most people don't care.

A couple of weeks ago I was OCing in Manitou Springs, which is a magnet for non-Coloradoans. I saw more heads turning that day towards my firearm than I'd seen throughout the entire month of carrying around town.

I could almost see the dotted text balloon above one woman's head: "Omg! He's got a gun! Is that legal?" and her bf/husband's response, "Shh, don't worry, honey, we'll be safe when we return to New York..."

Last edited: