• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Ammendment Foundation - Gun Rights Policy Conference Sept. 23-25

BROKENSPROKET

A message from Nik Clark, Chairman of Wisconsin Carry Inc.

I have been invited to be a speaker/panelist during the 2nd amendment foundation's Gun Rights Policy National Conference later this month (Sept 23, 24, 25) The event is free, but the 2nd Amendment Foundation makes a huge investment to put this on. Please take this opportunity to attend an event where the nation's most committed right-to-carry activists and attorneys will be present. This event is not for the closet gun owners, but for the committed gun-rights enthusiasts. Take the opportunity to meet and chat with attorneys who fight for your 2nd Amendment rights in front of the United States Supreme Court. Other speakers include: Alan M. Gottlieb, Joseph P. Tartaro, Eugene Volokh, Bob Barr, Alan Gura, Wayne LaPierre, John Lott, Sandy Froman, Massad Ayoob, Tom Gresham, G. Gordon Liddy, Michael Reagan, Larry Elder, Ken Hamblin. Its a short drive. Lets get a large contingent from Wisconsin to attend and share our commitment to the fight for freedom!

Here is a link to the event: http://www.saf.org/?p=grpc

oak1971

A message from Nik Clark, Chairman of Wisconsin Carry Inc.

I have been invited to be a speaker/panelist during the 2nd amendment foundation's Gun Rights Policy National Conference later this month (Sept 23, 24, 25) The event is free, but the 2nd Amendment Foundation makes a huge investment to put this on. Please take this opportunity to attend an event where the nation's most committed right-to-carry activists and attorneys will be present. This event is not for the closet gun owners, but for the committed gun-rights enthusiasts. Take the opportunity to meet and chat with attorneys who fight for your 2nd Amendment rights in front of the United States Supreme Court. Other speakers include: Alan M. Gottlieb, Joseph P. Tartaro, Eugene Volokh, Bob Barr, Alan Gura, Wayne LaPierre, John Lott, Sandy Froman, Massad Ayoob, Tom Gresham, G. Gordon Liddy, Michael Reagan, Larry Elder, Ken Hamblin. Its a short drive. Lets get a large contingent from Wisconsin to attend and share our commitment to the fight for freedom!

Here is a link to the event: http://www.saf.org/?p=grpc

I'm going down for it. Hopefully all 3 days.

MKEgal

They finally posted the schedule of lectures on their site...
Only thing Fri. is the mixer.
Sat. is a pretty long day of short talks by some well-known people.
Sun. is a half day of the same.
Really wish I had the funds to attend the whole thing.

I wonder why they don't do tracks, letting panelists speak for 45min erso, and participants have to choose which session to attend? The way it's laid out, it looks like everything is in the same room, & only the speakers change every half hour-ish.
(I could, of course, be misunderstanding.)

And I wonder why on Earth they're giving money to such a gun-UNfriendly place as IL, let alone Chitcago.

oak1971

Its near the busiest airport in the middle of the country. Logistics.

They should have chosen Milwaukee.

Last edited:

civilwarguy

If you want to be technical the who cares if it is Chicago, Springfield or anywhere in between its still a pro gun convention in a state that you cant carry in...... seems to me a little like having a NRA meeting in a grade school gym. I have to work all weekend so i will not be attending but i will be exercising my second amendment and carrying for my protection since around here I CAN