Thread: OCer files Lawsuit against City of Warren

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

OCer files Lawsuit against City of Warren

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green, “and we certainly do.”

...'troops'... you guys like that?

Anyway, good on ya, hamaneggs. Hope it goes well.

And also:

“I don’t think a citizen would just want us to drive by and assume it’s an open carry situation,” Green said.

...actually yes, that is precisely what we want. You to just drive by, assume [presume?] its an open carry situation [innocence unless guilt can be proven?]

From the article:
    In a police video of the incident, an officer is heard telling Haman: “You should at least call us and tell us what you’re doing. Walking around like this is just going to get you hurt somehow.
    So if he doesn't call the police and tell them what he is doing, he is going to get hurt.... "somehow"??

the comments seem very supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    the comments seem very supportive.
    Yeah all in all I was happy with the way the article was written.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    Yeah all in all I was happy with the way the article was written.
    Except for the statement that I gave them any paperwork,which is wrong,and going ahead without Steve being involved,which I requested,it was fair without all the facts!But when do we get all the facts in the high speed media? Plan moving forward!THANKS!CARRY ON!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 09-11-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    Except for the statement that I gave them any paperwork,which is wrong,and going ahead without Steve being involved,which I requested,it was fair without all the facts!But when do we get all the facts in the high speed media? Plan moving forward!THANKS!CARRY ON!
    Its all about sensationalism my friend. But at least it was toned in our favor.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb If there was ever a city that needed more OC events, I cannot think of one?

These guys just refuse to follow the law they swore to uphold! We need to have some events to test their commitment to training "their troops". Spoken like a true tin pot dictator want to be.

I know not long ago nearly a dozen oc 'ers were illegally detained and held for daring to ask a simple question at "their" police station. So something tells me they haven't been in too much of a hurry to get the "troops" up to speed on not crushing the "rights" of the lowly little citizens.

sarcasm off now /

God willing these folks will learn from a nice fiscal spanking

This snip from the article speaks volumes:

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green, “and we certainly do.”

Emphasizing that he was not commenting on the Haman case, the city’s top police administrator said any officer who sees a person carrying a firearm must quickly assess any potential threat.

“I don’t think a citizen would just want us to drive by and assume it’s an open carry situation,” Green said.

“Safety’s first.”
    Following this guy's thinking every household in the US should submit to no warrant searches...after all there could be a mattress with the tag tore off right? A clear violation of Federal law. Thinking like this will surely lead our country down a dark path, filled with swastika's and the like.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-11-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add snip / clarity edit
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Too bad you have to take some years, stress and a half a million dollars to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I know not long ago nearly a dozen of of were illegally detained and held for daring to ask a simple question at "their" police station. So something tells me they haven't been in too much of a hurry to get the "troops" up to speed on not crushing the "rights" of the lowly little citizens.

EC-- Hey, I know about that group too
    I don't even like driving through Warren anymore... I literally feel dirtier when I cross into their jurisdiction. Granted, they probably have it out for me... but still. Something needs to change. Hopefully this case will foster that change, but I doubt it. The sort of people in charge of that city are not the type to see the light.

Hopefully Warren AKA Amerikhastan will value its pocketbook enough to try reading an MCL or two. They don't even know the right subsection to cite on an infraction... details on request.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Emphasizing that he was not commenting on the Haman case, the city’s top police administrator said any officer who sees a person carrying a firearm must quickly assess any potential threat.
    Huh!?!

Why quickly assess? Why not slowly assess? Why not just calmly assess?

And, why is there "potential threat"? (That is probably the most revealing word-choice of the whole statement.)

Unhappy

I don't even like driving through Warren anymore... I literally feel dirtier when I cross into their jurisdiction. Granted, they probably have it out for me... but still. Something needs to change. Hopefully this case will foster that change, but I doubt it. The sort of people in charge of that city are not the type to see the light.

Hopefully Warren AKA Amerikhastan will value its pocketbook enough to try reading an MCL or two. They don't even know the right subsection to cite on an infraction... details on request.
    I have never seen a more accurate description for the leaders of Warren. I hope my taxes don't go up because of this! I hope they learn, finally

Quote Originally Posted by Get2DahChopper View Post
    I hope my taxes don't go up because of this!

Don't think the chief will be paying for this out of his own pocket, do you? Even if they are personally ordered to pay $$$ the City may well indemnify them.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Hope they are reading this. Can they even read? Not sure, if they could, maybe we wouldnt be here.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

...'troops'... you guys like that?

Anyway, good on ya, hamaneggs. Hope it goes well.

And also:

...actually yes, that is precisely what we want. You to just drive by, assume [presume?] its an open carry situation [innocence unless guilt can be proven?]
    yeah, i have a big problem with that "troops" statement. it's insulting. is warren a prison camp? is that why they have troops patrolling their streets?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    yeah, i have a big problem with that "troops" statement. it's insulting. is warren a prison camp? is that why they have troops patrolling their streets?
    It shows their true (PD leaders) mentality. Sad but in a department led by people who think this way what can we expect? Certainly not lawful behavior. I hope this attention will make them reconsider things. From the Chief's closing statement it looks like OCers will continue to run into issues in "his city" of Warren, as they constitute some kind of threat in his mind. Be glad it's only people who OC he has singled out and not those who wear underwear or even shoes for "special attention"
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-11-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar malfunction
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green . . .
    Troops? That guy has a disturbing mentality that the police are military and not simply your fellow citizens trained and given power to keep the peace.

"Troops" take and occupy territory, and conquer enemies. So, in Green's mind, if policemen are "troops", what does that make everyone else?

Green has a shocking "us versus them" and police militarization way of thinking.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

A Decade After 9/11, Police Departments Are Increasingly Militarized

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/police-militarization-9-11-september-11_n_955508.html

s
    nip
    "New York magazine reported some telling figureslast month on how delayed-notice search warrants -- also known as "sneak-and-peek" warrants -- have been used in recent years. Though passed with the PATRIOT Act and justified as a much-needed weapon in the war on terrorism, the sneak-and-peek was used in a terror investigation just 15 times between 2006 and 2009. In drug investigations, however, it was used more than 1,600 times during the same period.
    It's a familiar storyline. In the 10 years since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, the government has claimed a number of new policing powers in the name of protecting the country from terrorism, often at the expense of civil liberties. But once claimed, those powers are overwhelmingly used in the war on drugs. Nowhere is this more clear than in the continuing militarization of America's police departments."
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Go get em!

Good luck brother!

i hope you get every dollar.

Thumbs up Fox 2 interview ran 9/12/11 @ 10pm

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110912-wpms

A good story/interview in my opinion, non biased.

You know its an election year in Warren, sounds like someone needs to contact those running for Mayor, and see how they stand on replacing the Chief.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Cool Thumbs up!

Good luck hope it's a speedy decision... Prolly not...
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25