• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer files Lawsuit against City of Warren

Evil Creamsicle

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green, “and we certainly do.”

...'troops'... you guys like that?

Anyway, good on ya, hamaneggs. Hope it goes well.

And also:

“I don’t think a citizen would just want us to drive by and assume it’s an open carry situation,” Green said.

...actually yes, that is precisely what we want. You to just drive by, assume [presume?] its an open carry situation [innocence unless guilt can be proven?]

Blk97F150

From the article:
In a police video of the incident, an officer is heard telling Haman: “You should at least call us and tell us what you’re doing. Walking around like this is just going to get you hurt somehow.

So if he doesn't call the police and tell them what he is doing, he is going to get hurt.... "somehow"?? :eek:

Haman J.T.

Yeah all in all I was happy with the way the article was written.
Except for the statement that I gave them any paperwork,which is wrong,and going ahead without Steve being involved,which I requested,it was fair without all the facts!But when do we get all the facts in the high speed media? Plan moving forward!THANKS!CARRY ON!

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

Except for the statement that I gave them any paperwork,which is wrong,and going ahead without Steve being involved,which I requested,it was fair without all the facts!But when do we get all the facts in the high speed media? Plan moving forward!THANKS!CARRY ON!

Its all about sensationalism my friend. But at least it was toned in our favor.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
If there was ever a city that needed more OC events, I cannot think of one?

These guys just refuse to follow the law they swore to uphold! :mad: We need to have some events to test their commitment to training "their troops". Spoken like a true tin pot dictator want to be.

I know not long ago nearly a dozen oc 'ers were illegally detained and held for daring to ask a simple question at "their" police station. So something tells me they haven't been in too much of a hurry to get the "troops" up to speed on not crushing the "rights" of the lowly little citizens.

sarcasm off now /

God willing these folks will learn from a nice fiscal spanking ;)

This snip from the article speaks volumes:

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green, “and we certainly do.”

Emphasizing that he was not commenting on the Haman case, the city’s top police administrator said any officer who sees a person carrying a firearm must quickly assess any potential threat.

“I don’t think a citizen would just want us to drive by and assume it’s an open carry situation,” Green said.

“Safety’s first.”
Following this guy's thinking every household in the US should submit to no warrant searches...after all there could be a mattress with the tag tore off right? A clear violation of Federal law. Thinking like this will surely lead our country down a dark path, filled with swastika's and the like.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

I know not long ago nearly a dozen of of were illegally detained and held for daring to ask a simple question at "their" police station. So something tells me they haven't been in too much of a hurry to get the "troops" up to speed on not crushing the "rights" of the lowly little citizens.

EC-- Hey, I know about that group too

I don't even like driving through Warren anymore... I literally feel dirtier when I cross into their jurisdiction. Granted, they probably have it out for me... but still. Something needs to change. Hopefully this case will foster that change, but I doubt it. The sort of people in charge of that city are not the type to see the light.

Hopefully Warren AKA Amerikhastan will value its pocketbook enough to try reading an MCL or two. They don't even know the right subsection to cite on an infraction... details on request.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Emphasizing that he was not commenting on the Haman case, the city’s top police administrator said any officer who sees a person carrying a firearm must quickly assess any potential threat.

Huh!?!

Why quickly assess? Why not slowly assess? Why not just calmly assess?

And, why is there "potential threat"? (That is probably the most revealing word-choice of the whole statement.)

Get2DahChopper

I don't even like driving through Warren anymore... I literally feel dirtier when I cross into their jurisdiction. Granted, they probably have it out for me... but still. Something needs to change. Hopefully this case will foster that change, but I doubt it. The sort of people in charge of that city are not the type to see the light.

Hopefully Warren AKA Amerikhastan will value its pocketbook enough to try reading an MCL or two. They don't even know the right subsection to cite on an infraction... details on request.

I have never seen a more accurate description for the leaders of Warren. I hope my taxes don't go up because of this! :eek: I hope they learn, finally:banghead:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

...'troops'... you guys like that?

Anyway, good on ya, hamaneggs. Hope it goes well.

And also:

...actually yes, that is precisely what we want. You to just drive by, assume [presume?] its an open carry situation [innocence unless guilt can be proven?]

yeah, i have a big problem with that "troops" statement. it's insulting. is warren a prison camp? is that why they have troops patrolling their streets?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
yeah, i have a big problem with that "troops" statement. it's insulting. is warren a prison camp? is that why they have troops patrolling their streets?

It shows their true (PD leaders) mentality. Sad but in a department led by people who think this way what can we expect? Certainly not lawful behavior. I hope this attention will make them reconsider things. From the Chief's closing statement it looks like OCers will continue to run into issues in "his city" of Warren, as they constitute some kind of threat in his mind. Be glad it's only people who OC he has singled out and not those who wear underwear or even shoes for "special attention" :eek: ;)

Last edited:

DanM

“We have to train and educate our troops when things like this happen,” said Green . . .

Troops? That guy has a disturbing mentality that the police are military and not simply your fellow citizens trained and given power to keep the peace.

"Troops" take and occupy territory, and conquer enemies. So, in Green's mind, if policemen are "troops", what does that make everyone else?

Green has a shocking "us versus them" and police militarization way of thinking.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
A Decade After 9/11, Police Departments Are Increasingly Militarized

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/police-militarization-9-11-september-11_n_955508.html

s
nip
"New York magazine reported some telling figureslast month on how delayed-notice search warrants -- also known as "sneak-and-peek" warrants -- have been used in recent years. Though passed with the PATRIOT Act and justified as a much-needed weapon in the war on terrorism, the sneak-and-peek was used in a terror investigation just 15 times between 2006 and 2009. In drug investigations, however, it was used more than 1,600 times during the same period.
It's a familiar storyline. In the 10 years since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, the government has claimed a number of new policing powers in the name of protecting the country from terrorism, often at the expense of civil liberties. But once claimed, those powers are overwhelmingly used in the war on drugs. Nowhere is this more clear than in the continuing militarization of America's police departments."