Thread: Need an ONSTAR

Need an ONSTAR

Type set up where you can call a number when you are stopped by an LEO. The calls would have to go to a state that allows the recording of phone calls where if the caller knows it is being recorded. Picking up the voice of an officer while you are talking to the site might bypass wire tap laws. I don't know what the legality of that would be. Anyone know or have any imput.

Thank You,
    William

Go look up Porcupine 411 - I'm too lazy to google a link for you.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Go look up Porcupine 411 - I'm too lazy to google a link for you.

stay safe.
    I've heard of Porcupine 411 from the guy who does many of the YouTube videos from NH. Currently they don't have one in Ohio though.

http://porcupine411.com/

Thank You skidmark.

ONSTAR has other problems. Like turning in speeders to the police, and other such things.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    Type set up where you can call a number when you are stopped by an LEO. The calls would have to go to a state that allows the recording of phone calls where if the caller knows it is being recorded. Picking up the voice of an officer while you are talking to the site might bypass wire tap laws. I don't know what the legality of that would be. Anyone know or have any imput.

Thank You,
    William
    I'm not quite sure what your concern is. You can set up a line with voicemail wherever you want it; just call and you'll be recorded.

If your state requires all-party notification or consent in order to record, then calling an out-of-state number to record the conservation won't help you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I'm not quite sure what your concern is. You can set up a line with voicemail wherever you want it; just call and you'll be recorded.

If your state requires all-party notification or consent in order to record, then calling an out-of-state number to record the conservation won't help you on that.
    Would an LEO who is picked up in a phone conversation between me and the party I'm calling, both parties giving permission to record, Is the LEO considered a party to the conversation or a bystander whos' voice is mearly picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    Would an LEO who is picked up in a phone conversation between me and the party I'm calling, both parties giving permission to record, Is the LEO considered a party to the conversation or a bystander whos' voice is mearly picked up.
    If it's your intent, then yes. If you're actually having a conversation with another person, then there will be nothing useful captured. If you call someone else as a pretext to record, then chances are that's going to be pretty obvious.

Especially when you post about it on the internet beforehand.

I thought Ohio has a one party consent law. If you are a party of a conversation YOU can consent to recording and record the conversation. So there is no need to call an out of state number or any other trickery, just record the conversations that you are apart of.

Source http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2933.52 2933.52 B 4