Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need an ONSTAR

  1. #1
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238

    Need an ONSTAR

    Type set up where you can call a number when you are stopped by an LEO. The calls would have to go to a state that allows the recording of phone calls where if the caller knows it is being recorded. Picking up the voice of an officer while you are talking to the site might bypass wire tap laws. I don't know what the legality of that would be. Anyone know or have any imput.

    Thank You,
    William

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Go look up Porcupine 411 - I'm too lazy to google a link for you.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Go look up Porcupine 411 - I'm too lazy to google a link for you.

    stay safe.
    I've heard of Porcupine 411 from the guy who does many of the YouTube videos from NH. Currently they don't have one in Ohio though.

    http://porcupine411.com/




    Thank You skidmark.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    ONSTAR has other problems. Like turning in speeders to the police, and other such things.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    Type set up where you can call a number when you are stopped by an LEO. The calls would have to go to a state that allows the recording of phone calls where if the caller knows it is being recorded. Picking up the voice of an officer while you are talking to the site might bypass wire tap laws. I don't know what the legality of that would be. Anyone know or have any imput.

    Thank You,
    William
    I'm not quite sure what your concern is. You can set up a line with voicemail wherever you want it; just call and you'll be recorded.

    If your state requires all-party notification or consent in order to record, then calling an out-of-state number to record the conservation won't help you on that.

  6. #6
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I'm not quite sure what your concern is. You can set up a line with voicemail wherever you want it; just call and you'll be recorded.

    If your state requires all-party notification or consent in order to record, then calling an out-of-state number to record the conservation won't help you on that.
    Would an LEO who is picked up in a phone conversation between me and the party I'm calling, both parties giving permission to record, Is the LEO considered a party to the conversation or a bystander whos' voice is mearly picked up.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    Would an LEO who is picked up in a phone conversation between me and the party I'm calling, both parties giving permission to record, Is the LEO considered a party to the conversation or a bystander whos' voice is mearly picked up.
    If it's your intent, then yes. If you're actually having a conversation with another person, then there will be nothing useful captured. If you call someone else as a pretext to record, then chances are that's going to be pretty obvious.

    Especially when you post about it on the internet beforehand.

  8. #8
    Activist Member N605TW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    118
    I thought Ohio has a one party consent law. If you are a party of a conversation YOU can consent to recording and record the conversation. So there is no need to call an out of state number or any other trickery, just record the conversations that you are apart of.

    Source http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2933.52 2933.52 B 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •