Thread: MDOT Adopt-A-Highway (Hartford) Exit 46 on I-94 on 10-1-11

MDOT Adopt-A-Highway (Hartford) Exit 46 on I-94 on 10-1-11

We will be meeting at 8:00 AM on Oct 1st at the Panel Room Restaurant. There will be a short Safety meeting (required by the state) and I will hand out needed materials. We can plan to eat breakfast/brunch at the Panel Room and then we will load up and head over to the I94 and get to work. Remember this is a heavily traveled stretch of road and a great way to visibly get the word out!

Many hands make light work and a short job of it!!

I would recommend a pair of gloves and some sort of tool to pickup litter with! Bags will be provided.

As this will be in Oct chilly temps and 20 degree swings in temp are not out of the ordinary so dress accordingly! The good news is the bugs and heat should not be a problem!!

Post in this thread or the one on OCDO or MOC if you can do this so that the Events Coordinator can get an accurate count thanks!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=42...sz=20&t=h&z=20
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up +1

I would be happy to host a carpool from the Metro-Detroit area if anyone from the Detroit area would like to help with this event. It helps all of us to help our western, MI brothers and sisters out.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

That would be greatly appreciated!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Btt

My wedding reception is 10/1 sorry
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    My wedding reception is 10/1 sorry
    Oh come on Q! That's no excuse She'll understand

On second thought, maybe not?

Seriously - congrats Sir! I wish you & Mrs. Q a lifetime of happiness :
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-17-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typist malfunction :eek:
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

I'm Already assisting the MOC CPL class on the 24th -- her birthday.

Thanks for the well wishes.
    Last edited by TheQ; 09-17-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

bump

btt

Thanks for bumping!

Is on my list of things to try and do !

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Is on my list of things to try and do !
    Hope to see you there!

Bump for a good cause & event to serve the community

Anyone who wants to go to this event from the Detroit area send me a PM & we'll get a carpool going Don't let the distance/time scare you. I'm sure Auto would be happy to see us late vs never. I figure we could leave at 8am & be there before 11am.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CBoQ9w8wAA
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-28-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Link / info

Amen to that we would be starting the other side of the highway about that time and help would be welcome for sure!

***Sunny*** Saturday high of 53 degree's, low in the 40's

I will try and be their, wife had to get cut on, thursday she is home recouping from it so i will have to see how she feels tonight

Yance
    if you get with me we can go thier together
    Last edited by mastiff69; 09-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Well guys and gals see you at 8:00 am at the Panel Room! We will have breakfast and a quick class on safety and head out to our section!

See you then!

Auto are you buying or it dutch ? HAHAHA!!!!

Hey Mastiff give me a call if youre still up 269-245-6645, just got out of work.

Adam

Banned
    If i adopt a highway, can I drive on it as fast as I want?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    If i adopt a highway, can I drive on it as fast as I want?
    Run out of other threads to post on?

Banned
    For now.

My brother and I will be heading out at 7:30 see you all at the Panel Room

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G via Tapatalk

A big thank you to MGO members MOC members and OCDO members who came out and helped clean up a little bit of Michigan today!

Thanks for the pics, sorry I couldn't be there. My kids play soccer every Saturday during the fall. Hope to be able attend in the future.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.