Thread: Son moving to Verona, looking for an indoor range/firearms instruction

Smile Son moving to Verona, looking for an indoor range/firearms instruction

Our son is moving to the Verona area for work. Can anyone recommend an indoor (or outdoor) range-club that he might be able to join to attend some instruction and prepare for the upcoming implementation of the new carry laws?

BTW - Congratulations to our friends in Wisconsin for winning the hard fight for self defense.

Thanks in advance.

LB
    (From Michigan)

We merely won a battle. The fight is not over.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    We merely won a battle. The fight is not over.
    ^^^^^^^^^ What HH said.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 09-11-2011 at 11:56 PM.

I'm thinking Gander Mountain is going to be his best bet. They have the 300 and 180 sim rooms. Also, the V range is a great training tool. Throw in live fire, they have it all.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

I'd recommend he join Wisconsin Carry (http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html#) too. It's made living this close to Madison bearable

The Gander range is very nice. It's indoors, $25 for 60 minutes and the staff are very friendly. Plus they, for some reason, are open carry friendly. Imagine that
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeBound View Post
    Our son is moving to the Verona area for work. Can anyone recommend an indoor (or outdoor) range-club that he might be able to join to attend some instruction and prepare for the upcoming implementation of the new carry laws?

BTW - Congratulations to our friends in Wisconsin for winning the hard fight for self defense.

Thanks in advance.

LB
    (From Michigan)
    Hi LB,
    If your son has a Michigan carry permit he has already satisfied the Wisconsin requirements for training.
    175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon.

(4) TRAINING REQUIREMENTS. (a) The proof of training requirement under sub.
    (7) (e) may be met by any of the following:

3. A current or expired license, or a photocopy of a current or expired license,
    that the individual holds or has held that indicates that the individual is licensed or
    has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or in another state or in a county
    or municipality of this state or of another state unless the license has been revoked
    for cause.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    I'd recommend he join Wisconsin Carry (http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html#) too. It's made living this close to Madison bearable

The Gander range is very nice. It's indoors, $25 for 60 minutes and the staff are very friendly. Plus they, for some reason, are open carry friendly. Imagine that
    Thanks for the information. Once he is settled in to his new place, I plan to sign him up as a gift and will also let him know about the range at Gander Mountain. As for a Michigan CPL, he does not have one. So, I explained to him that he needs to become a citizen of Wisconsin and help them (you) with the continued fight from there.

To those of you that responded about not winning a battle and not the entire fight, I understand. You're talking to someone who fought very hard here in Michigan from the beginning for our right to carry here. I meant no offense by my comments.

Thanks for the advice.

LB

Quote Originally Posted by LakeBound View Post
    Thanks for the information. Once he is settled in to his new place, I plan to sign him up as a gift and will also let him know about the range at Gander Mountain. As for a Michigan CPL, he does not have one. So, I explained to him that he needs to become a citizen of Wisconsin and help them (you) with the continued fight from there.

To those of you that responded about not winning a battle and not the entire fight, I understand. You're talking to someone who fought very hard here in Michigan from the beginning for our right to carry here. I meant no offense by my comments.

Thanks for the advice.

LB
    I appreciate the response. As a Verona resident myself, if there is anything I can do to help, please (or have him) private message me. Safe travels to him and his.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com