• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

im looking for special holster for a s&w model 36

vabi

years ago, when I was just a boy...I had a S&W 38 chief special model 36...and the holster I loved. it was a high ride but was two piece. the belt piece had a metal plate the stuck up and the holster slides on to it and was secured with a snap. this was ideal for me as I had to remove my sidearm frequently and this config allowed me to do so without the firearm leaving the holster. the entire holster unsnaped form the belt clip leaving the clip on my belt.. does anyone have knowledge of what im describing and any clue if it still exists or who the manufacture is/was?

cha1mar1

Special holster

I have the exact holster you are talking about. It has the wrods "Semi-Shoulder" on the back of the base plate and the numbers B1015 on the holster it self. I believe it was made by Bucheimer. I love it and carry most every day.

j4l

Any pics of this configuration? Like the sound of the concept. My 1st holsters I made were of the typical belt-loop type, but I've begun moving towards making mine with a clip instead, because it's less of a pain in the butt to take the pistol on/off without having to undo the belt,slide it on/off etc. all the time..