• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of us is correct, who is it?

Titan357

I have a friend at lowes, he is active in the NG and has been on many tours.
I stopped in yesterday to pick up some gravel to make a walkway with and was openly carrying.
He doesn't have a problem with guns, and was glad to see that I was carrying and asked me what I was carrying. We went on to talking about openly carrying and how he thinks everyone should because people would be a lot less likely to start anything.

As being in the NG would give lots of time carrying openly both on and off duty I am sure he knows at least a little of what he was talking about in this case.

Before I left he asked me if I had my CCDW yet, and I told him mine was still on the way, he told me once I get the CCDW that I "had to carry it hidden" or it would be against the law.

I told him that the CCDW only gives you the legal right to carry concealed OR openly as you deem fir for the situation. He did not agree and stated that he was told by his CCDW instructor the last time he seen him that once you have a CCDW you have to carry hidden or its against the law.

So, who is right? I am sure the CCDW holders can still openly carry.

Titan357

CCDW holders can still open carry. It is your discretion.

Thats what I was thinking, I tried to explain it to him but hes older and been in the guard a long time so he is kind of set in his ways.

Thanks. :D

KBCraig

Thats what I was thinking, I tried to explain it to him but hes older and been in the guard a long time so he is kind of set in his ways.
Just so you know, being in the Guard doesn't teach anyone jack squat about the law.

It might have made him more "set in his ways" and unwilling to admit he's wrong, but he is wrong.