Thread: Close Quarters Tactical

Close Quarters Tactical

Close Quarters Tactical is in the Detroit Michigan area, but I will say it's well worth a road trip if you're looking to get some training in a modern indoor facility. Not only that, if you're a civilian and want to experience the most realistic training possible, check out their courses which offer Simunitions. Simunitions just recently started a program where certified training organizations are allowed to use their products for civilian training. Before this, only military and LEO were able to use this incredible training tool.

Pretty cool!

I'm often the high scorer whenever I take my son to play laser tag. The indoor arena is very similar, with doors, windows, ramps, and other realistic barriers. It can handle about 20 people, and is usually populated with "kids" between 10 and 30 yrs old.

No real bullets, but there are live people "shooting" back at you, and if you're hit, you can't score for 15 seconds, which is a lifetime in a firefight and will keep you from winning. It definitely teaches you to pay attention as to how you use cover!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Pretty cool!

I'm often the high scorer whenever I take my son to play laser tag. The indoor arena is very similar, with doors, windows, ramps, and other realistic barriers. It can handle about 20 people, and is usually populated with "kids" between 10 and 30 yrs old.

No real bullets, but there are live people "shooting" back at you, and if you're hit, you can't score for 15 seconds, which is a lifetime in a firefight and will keep you from winning. It definitely teaches you to pay attention as to how you use cover!
    The only issue I had when I did laser tag was so many people would just follow you around waiting for their time out to end and would shoot you the second it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    The only issue I had when I did laser tag was so many people would just follow you around waiting for their time out to end and would shoot you the second it ended.
    And the second before their system comes back on line, you can duck behind cover then zap them before they can react.

It doesn't take being double-tapped more than once or twice before they learn that tactic doesn't work and switch to staying away.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First.