• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Close Quarters Tactical

MilitaryArms

Close Quarters Tactical is in the Detroit Michigan area, but I will say it's well worth a road trip if you're looking to get some training in a modern indoor facility. Not only that, if you're a civilian and want to experience the most realistic training possible, check out their courses which offer Simunitions. Simunitions just recently started a program where certified training organizations are allowed to use their products for civilian training. Before this, only military and LEO were able to use this incredible training tool.

[video=youtube;3BXKV53MmrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXKV53MmrM[/video]

since9

Campaign Veteran
Pretty cool!

I'm often the high scorer whenever I take my son to play laser tag. The indoor arena is very similar, with doors, windows, ramps, and other realistic barriers. It can handle about 20 people, and is usually populated with "kids" between 10 and 30 yrs old.

No real bullets, but there are live people "shooting" back at you, and if you're hit, you can't score for 15 seconds, which is a lifetime in a firefight and will keep you from winning. It definitely teaches you to pay attention as to how you use cover!

Aknazer

Pretty cool!

I'm often the high scorer whenever I take my son to play laser tag. The indoor arena is very similar, with doors, windows, ramps, and other realistic barriers. It can handle about 20 people, and is usually populated with "kids" between 10 and 30 yrs old.

No real bullets, but there are live people "shooting" back at you, and if you're hit, you can't score for 15 seconds, which is a lifetime in a firefight and will keep you from winning. It definitely teaches you to pay attention as to how you use cover!

The only issue I had when I did laser tag was so many people would just follow you around waiting for their time out to end and would shoot you the second it ended.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The only issue I had when I did laser tag was so many people would just follow you around waiting for their time out to end and would shoot you the second it ended.

And the second before their system comes back on line, you can duck behind cover then zap them before they can react.

It doesn't take being double-tapped more than once or twice before they learn that tactic doesn't work and switch to staying away.