• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burgess v. Wallingford: Mark Vanaman fails to reply to complaint

Rich B

Mark Vanaman has failed to answer the complaint against him in my federal civil rights case. Nothing has been received from him and no attorney has signed on to represent him.

Timeline:

Complaint filed: 07/18/2011
Served on Mark Vanaman (at his home): 08/09/2011
Deadline for answer: 08/30/2011

brk913

Does that mean the court will enter a default judgement against him? My friend is a state marshal, I am sure he would love to collect it for you.

KIX

He doesn't think you're serious enough.

Mark knows the law. He knows open carry is illegal and this lawsuit is frivolous. He knows it will be dismissed just on the very basis of it's merit.

Jonathan

OC4me

It kind of makes you wonder if you did something wrong...anyway, file a motion for a default judgment without delay and see what happens. Do it quick in case the Defendant is scrambling to put together a legal response to correct his error. Don't sit around wondering what happened.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Adam Cook

Is Flood still in Cheshire?

Why'd he switch to Cheshire, because we don't OC???? Got some news 4 him :-D

Fight the good fight bro. We're all pulling for ya.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As far as I know, he still works in Cheshire. He has admitted in depositions that he is aware that OC is legal.

Essentially, he claims he was 'just following orders'.

Did ya post his deposition transcripts? (humor - I remember reading a protective order ruling from the judge about his point before where they got 99% of their protective order and request for sanctions pounded into the sand).

If I recall, you were carrying in a business, folks complained but did not ask you to leave initially and after a second complaining by the business then you left, the cops came by and then arrested you for disorderly and other stuff that never even made it to a trial. And then you filed a complaint in federal court, 42 USC 1983 or similar action (I don't recall all the counts of the complaint).

Last edited: