Thread: OC'd in Janesville Wal-mart, Gander, Petco.

OC'd in Janesville Wal-mart, Gander, Petco.

Last weekend I decided to venture out into Janesville and OC while I did a little shopping. I started out in Gander Mountain because my wife gave me some extra money to pick up cat-litter and some groceries and I thought it would be a good idea to use that money for an awesome new flashlight instead. The trip through Gander was totally uneventful and I bought an awesome LED Mag-Light that looks really cool next to my XD40. Next, I went to Wal-Mart. I received a few "strange" looks from people in there, but only one person really made a big deal out of it. There was a younger woman in the store who spotted my pistol and decided to loudly announce to her acquaintance... "LOOK WHAT HE GOT! LOOK WHAT HE GOT! OH MY GOSH, LOOK IT... LOOK IT", while pointing at my pistol. I really wanted to say something to her because she was acting like a complete idiot, but I just ignored her and moved on to another part of the store. After Wal-Mart, I went into Petco to spend the remaining balance of the cat-litter/grocery money on something cool for my dog. Nobody said anything in there, but the check-out guy acted kind of nervous. Maybe he was just new or something, but I got the feeling he was pretty uncomfortable with the situation. I just smiled and made a little small talk and he seemed to chill out a little. I got my dog one of those toys that's a fake duck and it's head is connected to a springy rope so you can pull it back and fire it across the yard. He likes it. Overall, it was a good experience.

Only been doing OC for a couple months now. Most people don't even notice. It's astounding at how little attention people pay to others around them. Most people are totally oblivious. I will rarely catch someone look down at my hip at the pistol, but I have yet to have anyone make a fuss about it. I do sometimes get extra "can i help you find anything today?" attention from store employees, but that's it.

Minus the one moron displaying disorderly conduct, sounds like a good day.

Carry on!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Only been doing OC for a couple months now. Most people don't even notice. It's astounding at how little attention people pay to others around them. Most people are totally oblivious. I will rarely catch someone look down at my hip at the pistol, but I have yet to have anyone make a fuss about it. I do sometimes get extra "can i help you find anything today?" attention from store employees, but that's it.
    I used to get that at Best Buy, for awhile. Then they started to ingnore me, unless I asked for help.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I used to get that at Best Buy, for awhile. Then they started to ingnore me, unless I asked for help.
    That reminds me, does best buy have a corporate policy on 2A?

Yep they follow local regulations
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Cory
    There was a younger woman in the store who spotted my pistol and decided to loudly announce to her acquaintance... "LOOK WHAT HE GOT! LOOK WHAT HE GOT! OH MY GOSH, LOOK IT... LOOK IT", while pointing at my pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by protias
    Minus the one moron displaying disorderly conduct, sounds like a good day.
    What he said.
    Wonder what the police would have done with her?
    (And why didn't anyone call her in for DC, public display of stupidity, overuse of mouth...?)

But bmwguy11 is right - most people don't notice.
    I was at lunch w/ someone from the WI forum a couple weeks ago (someone who should know better), & he didn't even notice. At least, not until another diner asked him a question when I was away from the table.
    [Not mentioning any names, but you know who you are and yes, I'm going to keep razzing you about it. ]

And yesterday I went into the Girl Scout office here in Milwaukee to buy something at the shop. AFAIK nobody noticed, certainly nobody ran away screaming, & the cops didn't show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

The OCing went well..howd it go when you got home without the groceries and cat litter? lol

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    The OCing went well..howd it go when you got home without the groceries and cat litter? lol
    I'll bet his rights got violated....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.