Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Get together - Starbucks - Old Saybrook - 09/24/2011 @ 10:00

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910

    Get together - Starbucks - Old Saybrook - 09/24/2011 @ 10:00

    I will be at Starbucks in Old Saybrook (15 Main Street) on 09/24/2011 at 10:00. If anyone like minded would like to get together, I will see you there.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=starbu...psrc=0&iwloc=A

    Feel free to contact me for info: 203.208.9577 or rich -at- masterplansoftware.com

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    74
    You should shoot for Stamford instead, they are not as knowledgeable as old saybrook is when it comes to openly carrying a firearm

  3. #3
    Regular Member Ctclassic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Plainfield, CT, ,
    Posts
    172
    Nick-
    -I'm not sure what area of the state your in, but would it be possible that you could do the same at your local Starbucks? Same time, same day.

    -But then again, I'm not as concerned with another Starbucks not as educated, they will find out through internal corporate means.

    -Maybe a better idea would be for you to have one at a DD in your area on the same day/time.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    I will consider Stamford next, but this is not in my normal travels, and I have yet to hear any interest out that way, so I make no promises.

    You could also start a thread for a different time slot and do the same thing. If I can make it out that way, I would be happy to meet up.

    If you notice, I am only posting that I will be in Old Saybrook and wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone who happens to be out that way. I don't plan to 'educate' anyone (Starbucks, police, or anyone else) that doesn't come up and start a conversation. This is not an 'event' or anything else. I am going to be out for coffee and probably using some wifi, hopefully others in the same area will be up for the same thing.

    I don't venture around the state looking for towns to be in whether I am open carrying or not. I simply open carry while in the course of my normal business. My normal business brings me to Meriden and Old Saybrook a fair bit, so I have invited people to those locations. If someone else like minded was to invite me to coffee in an area where they were, I would do my best to show up, carrying in the manner I prefer to discuss relevant current events and issues.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    74
    I was not referring to the starbucks itself, but to the Stamford Police Department

    Quote Originally Posted by Ctclassic View Post
    Nick-
    -I'm not sure what area of the state your in, but would it be possible that you could do the same at your local Starbucks? Same time, same day.

    -But then again, I'm not as concerned with another Starbucks not as educated, they will find out through internal corporate means.

    -Maybe a better idea would be for you to have one at a DD in your area on the same day/time.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by NickNt View Post
    I was not referring to the starbucks itself, but to the Stamford Police Department
    Do they have good coffee there? Wifi?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    74
    Honestly Rich, i don't drink coffee Lol, So i couldn't tell you if it was good or not. My father prefers DD over starbucks anyday. Yes they have WiFi for sure, but i'm not sure if it is free or if you need to buy one of those passes or something. If the starbucks up in Old Saybrook is free then i assume most Starbucks follow suit with that as it most likely corporate policy or something to that order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Do they have good coffee there? Wifi?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by NickNt View Post
    Honestly Rich, i don't drink coffee Lol, So i couldn't tell you if it was good or not. My father prefers DD over starbucks anyday. Yes they have WiFi for sure, but i'm not sure if it is free or if you need to buy one of those passes or something. If the starbucks up in Old Saybrook is free then i assume most Starbucks follow suit with that as it most likely corporate policy or something to that order.
    I was referring to the police department.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I was referring to the police department.

    Oh Haha, Not a clue about coffee or wifi, i just know that the cops i talk to about open carry are all unwilling to listen to the fact that open carry is perfectly legal

  10. #10
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by NickNt View Post
    Oh Haha, Not a clue about coffee or wifi, i just know that the cops i talk to about open carry are all unwilling to listen to the fact that open carry is perfectly legal
    Do you have some names?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Do you have some names?

    Not that i can recall, haven't talked to any in months, been working too much. I'm a limo driver so i'm in and out of town quite often

  12. #12
    Regular Member Douglas in CT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Housatonic River Delta, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    51

    Cool

    Sorry! Could not make it!
    I was running the range portion of the Boy Scout Rifle Merit Badge up at Camp Sequassen (New Hartford - barely). :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •