• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get together - Starbucks - Old Saybrook - 09/24/2011 @ 10:00

NickNt

You should shoot for Stamford instead, they are not as knowledgeable as old saybrook is when it comes to openly carrying a firearm

Ctclassic

Nick-
-I'm not sure what area of the state your in, but would it be possible that you could do the same at your local Starbucks? Same time, same day.

-But then again, I'm not as concerned with another Starbucks not as educated, they will find out through internal corporate means.

-Maybe a better idea would be for you to have one at a DD in your area on the same day/time.

Rich B

I will consider Stamford next, but this is not in my normal travels, and I have yet to hear any interest out that way, so I make no promises.

You could also start a thread for a different time slot and do the same thing. If I can make it out that way, I would be happy to meet up.

If you notice, I am only posting that I will be in Old Saybrook and wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone who happens to be out that way. I don't plan to 'educate' anyone (Starbucks, police, or anyone else) that doesn't come up and start a conversation. This is not an 'event' or anything else. I am going to be out for coffee and probably using some wifi, hopefully others in the same area will be up for the same thing.

I don't venture around the state looking for towns to be in whether I am open carrying or not. I simply open carry while in the course of my normal business. My normal business brings me to Meriden and Old Saybrook a fair bit, so I have invited people to those locations. If someone else like minded was to invite me to coffee in an area where they were, I would do my best to show up, carrying in the manner I prefer to discuss relevant current events and issues.

NickNt

I was not referring to the starbucks itself, but to the Stamford Police Department

Nick-
-I'm not sure what area of the state your in, but would it be possible that you could do the same at your local Starbucks? Same time, same day.

-But then again, I'm not as concerned with another Starbucks not as educated, they will find out through internal corporate means.

-Maybe a better idea would be for you to have one at a DD in your area on the same day/time.

NickNt

Honestly Rich, i don't drink coffee Lol, So i couldn't tell you if it was good or not. My father prefers DD over starbucks anyday. Yes they have WiFi for sure, but i'm not sure if it is free or if you need to buy one of those passes or something. If the starbucks up in Old Saybrook is free then i assume most Starbucks follow suit with that as it most likely corporate policy or something to that order.

Do they have good coffee there? Wifi?

Rich B

Honestly Rich, i don't drink coffee Lol, So i couldn't tell you if it was good or not. My father prefers DD over starbucks anyday. Yes they have WiFi for sure, but i'm not sure if it is free or if you need to buy one of those passes or something. If the starbucks up in Old Saybrook is free then i assume most Starbucks follow suit with that as it most likely corporate policy or something to that order.

I was referring to the police department.

NickNt

I was referring to the police department.

Oh Haha, Not a clue about coffee or wifi, i just know that the cops i talk to about open carry are all unwilling to listen to the fact that open carry is perfectly legal