Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Lady of the Lakes Audio

Banned

Our Lady of the Lakes Audio

Sometimes you need to ****!

Why do you always have a case of diarrhea mouth when dealing with the police? Do you think that YOU are going to educate THEM?

What you do is great up to the point of when you start to talk.

Banned
    Plainclothed. They needed to be checked. IF they were cops at all, they would have been with Waterford, I just went through this with the Waterford PD regarding schools. They know better, or at least they should.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Plainclothed. They needed to be checked. IF they were cops at all, they would have been with Waterford, I just went through this with the Waterford PD regarding schools. They know better, or at least they should.
    You don't even know if they were police?

Banned
    Nope. No way to tell for sure. They claimed to be cops, but no ID, no uniforms, no cars, not even a belt radio, nothing.

Time to get the popcorn and watch another flaming thread about "The Amazing Adventures of -------- Stainless1911!!!!"
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Nope. No way to tell for sure. They claimed to be cops, but no ID, no uniforms, no cars, not even a belt radio, nothing.
    And you let them push you around? I can see telling you to leave. But in what direction? I'm losing respect for you rapidly.

Did they have bigger guns than yours?
    Last edited by 1ADAM12; 09-13-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Did they even have guns???

Banned
    Their house thier rules.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
    Did they even have guns???
    Didnt see any.

I would have asked to see there ID if they were cops they at that time would have had to say so and show ID. That would have cleared that part up at least. And the guy in the car, same thing. I have had a person stop me and demand I leave a playground and aluded to be a cop, when challenged to show me his badge and ID he got very huffy and said I had to leave. I said if he didn't show his ID I was calling the cops, he ended up leaveing as I got on the phone.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I would have asked to see there ID if they were cops they at that time would have had to say so and show ID. That would have cleared that part up at least. And the guy in the car, same thing. I have had a person stop me and demand I leave a playground and aluded to be a cop, when challenged to show me his badge and ID he got very huffy and said I had to leave. I said if he didn't show his ID I was calling the cops, he ended up leaveing as I got on the phone.

^^^What he said^^^
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Hindsight I guess. Im not accustomed to asking cops for ID. Besides, I did just refuse to give my information to them.

Hindsight I guess. Im not accustomed to asking cops for ID. Besides, I did just refuse to give my information to them.
    More like hind-thoughts and hind-speak.

I have never had to ask a LEO for I.D. They've always shown it up front.
    Last edited by 1ADAM12; 09-14-2011 at 07:08 AM.

So you ask if they could "stop you" from harming the kids because they didn't appear to be armed. You do this while openly carrying a firearm. You then keep running your ignorant mouth. Please just stop!!!

As some have already pointed out, there were some flaws in your response to this. Im not perfect, hell I have even given in to ID'ing myself just to expidite the stop. But the comment about them being able to stop you from harming kids???? Come on man. I have a feeling those were not police officers, because if they were, you may not be here posting this.

Ive dealt with plainclothes officers a bit here in Iowa. And when they approach and start questioning, the first thing I do is ask them to ID themselves. All of them have, without complaint. Police officers are proud to be police officers. And a real police officer would have told you he was an officer from the get go.

As far as the rest of it, I think you should formulate a new gameplan when OC'ing. I dont doubt that you were legal in what you were doing. But less is more. DONT TALK TO THE POLICE! Especially in a situation like that.

Banned
    It was a hypothetical statement that they understood as such immediately.

You are not exhibiting sound judgment and you need to stop before you or another person get hurt in some way, shape, or form.

You have already been convicted of Carrying Concealed in a Pistol-Free Zone and lost your Concealed Pistol License for 6 Months (IIRC at a Church/School Playground).

You willfully entered upon Private Property as you were Too Lazy to Walk Around the Private Property and had No Purpose to be on Private Property.

You engaged in conversation with others without establishing Rules of Engagement due understanding their role - they could have been Police Officers, School Staff, or Random DOT Persons.

You did not immediately leave when told to do so and continued to engage them with arguments not related to you cutting through private property nor related to Open Carry of a Pistol in a Holster.

Your recent Open Carry Audio Recordings, including recent LGOC of a Rifle, clearly indicate that you are not furthering the purposes of Open Carry of a Pistol in Daily Life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    You are not exhibiting sound judgment and you need to stop before you or another person get hurt in some way, shape, or form.

I went for a walk, and was confronted while minding my own business for exercising a right in an area known as a soft target. One which can be assumed by thier own doctrines to be OC friendly.

You have already been convicted of Carrying Concealed in a Pistol-Free Zone and lost your Concealed Pistol License for 6 Months (IIRC at a Church/School Playground).

I was found responsible for a civil infraction. That isnt convicted for something that I was not responsible for, if you have evidence to the contrary, Id like to see it.

You willfully entered upon Private Property as you were Too Lazy to Walk Around the Private Property and had No Purpose to be on Private Property.

Im on private property at a store, garage sale, or any other place that isnt public property. There was no locked or closed gate, and no sign forbidding entry.

You engaged in conversation with others without establishing Rules of Engagement due understanding their role - they could have been Police Officers, School Staff, or Random DOT Persons.

I engaged them as faculty, because thats the information that was available to me.

You did not immediately leave when told to do so and continued to engage them with arguments not related to you cutting through private property nor related to Open Carry of a Pistol in a Holster.

I did immediately leave, and protested that they would have me take a longer way.

Your recent Open Carry Audio Recordings, including recent LGOC of a Rifle, clearly indicate that you are not furthering the purposes of Open Carry of a Pistol in Daily Life.
    I didnt sign anything.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 09-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Your answers above clearly show you are not exhibiting sound judgment.

Banned
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911
    I went for a walk, and was confronted while minding my own business for exercising a right in an area known as a soft target. One which can be assumed by thier own doctrines to be OC friendly.

It is not a Public Park where you can just "go for a walk". It is Private Property upon which a Business is operated, one of which you apparently have no purpose with.

It's an area known as a "soft target"? What does that even mean? Is this a "everyone does it so it's OK" arguments?

Do you have evidence that Firearms are welcome on their Private Property? Some policy statement from their website maybe?

I was found responsible for a civil infraction. That isnt convicted for something that I was not responsible for, if you have evidence to the contrary, Id like to see it.

In my book, you were found Guilty of a Civil Infraction. You had the help of a Lawyer, yet refused to follow her sound legal advice and direction. She came on these forums and posted about it even. The fact that, at that time, you were posting that you were not responsible for CC in a PFZ and I bet you still cannot accept that.

Im on private property at a store, garage sale, or any other place that isnt public property. There was no locked or closed gate, and no sign forbidding entry.

In the examples you list above, these are Businesses that own Private Property where you *MAY* have business with them and engage in such. By your own admission, you were "minding your own business" and were not there to engage in Business with the Private Property Owner.

I engaged them as faculty, because thats the information that was available to me.

You didn't even ask! You didn't even ask the person in a car while you were on Public Property!

I did immediately leave, and protested that they would have me take a longer way.

They informed you that you were trespassing and to leave. You then argued about which way to go (which is up to the Property Owner/Agent). That is not immediately leaving! You then continued a conversation after the clear verbal clues were given the conversation was over, asking hypothetical questions about "protection for the children". IMO, that is still engaging with the Property Owner/Agent when unwarranted.

I didnt sign anything.

There are agreements to using Forum Websites and by signing up for a User ID, you agree to follow their Acceptable Usage Practices.
    See above.

Banned
    As a Christian, I am assumed to be one of the brethren, seeing that this is a church.

A soft target is an area where laws have restricted self defense either completely or partly.

Luke 22:36. They claim to be a church under the teachings of Jesus Christ. That teaching is far and above an ad or a statement on a website.

In the eyes of the state, I was found responsible. The lawyer did a questionable job although I am grateful for her services. And no, I do not accept it, ans I was not CC.\ I doubt anyone on either of the forums that I frequent, believes for a second, that I am likely to CC. On the contrary, I am against it.

I dont need to be engaged in business with a private property owner to be able to legally be on the property. You are welcome until you are not, This isnt a private home. Had the gate to the fence been shut, I would have gone around. An open door is an open door, its thier gate, they can close it if they wish.

I did immediately leave. As soon as they directed me to go, I started to move, they immediately moved into my path blocking my way. Then they insisted that I go the other way. I took the opportunity to point out thier inconsistencies.

Whether you like my tactics or not, I did promote and educate people about open carry, both on the spot and afterwards in the comments section of the video, PMs on youtube, here, and on MGO.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    some of his answers seem pretty clear to me
    soft target= PFZ (an area where criminals generally assume they will not encounter much in the way of armed resistance)
    private property? all stores and businesses are private property, how does that differ from school/church?
    evidence that firearms are welcome???? i've never walked into private property/business that had that (i know MOC gives out stickers, but i have yet to see one)
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Not only did this man openly challenge two "police officers" to stop him from harming kids while open carrying...he recorded it and felt it was worth publicizing!! I don't care if the question was "hypothetical"...it was insane for you to utter those words to anyone. How does that audio help OC in the least?? It does more harm than you can possibly know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast